Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #274: Tonner Effanbee Alice

   I got this doll a few weeks ago at the first doll show of that weekend. (I went to two that weekend.) 


The dealer said she is a Tonner Alice in Wonderland doll, but I couldn't find her when I looked up Tonner Alice dolls. To further confuse me, her dress has an Effanbee tag.


  I did finally sort of find her on line. The doll that came in this dress was an Effanbee doll and a Tonner doll as far as I can tell. Tonner designed an Effanbee doll?  Her name was Ruth Ann. But she had straight hair and bangs, and a black ribbon Alice band in her hair. That doll originally came with a white rabbit. I have no idea why this doll is in this dress. It obviously fits her perfectly. I have no idea what's going on with these dolls. 


I don't know if she's the doll that belongs in this dress or not. If she is, there was more than one doll that came in this dress, because I've seen the original insert for the doll, and this isn't the doll it pictures. In any case, she's pretty, and I love her outfit. She's made of a really nice quality vinyl. The dress is very detiled and made of good quality fabrics.


Her dress is a thick cotton. 

It's trimmed in lace.

Her sleeves have little buttons at the cuffs, but they don't button. That's just for looks. They close with snaps. Notice the sleeves are lace trimmed too.


Under the dress she has a slip.


And over it she has a white eyelet pinafore.


It has three little buttons.



Her pinny ties in the back.


She has white tights and black Mary Jane shoes that really buckle and unbuckle.


She has a serious face.


  She has dimples and blue eyes with brush lashes.





If you gave her brown eyes and the right wig, she wouldn't make a bad Shirley Temple.



 There's some detail in those eyebrows.


She has great squiggley hair. And look at the details on her sleeves!



  




Ken and I took a day off today to relax a bit. The idea was to have a picnic/cookout at some point. But Ken didn't have his meat yet, for cooking, and he was starving. So we ate in Roscoe Village, which we went to just for fun, and he cooked out later. By the time we got to the park to cook out, it was getting late. I still needed to photograph this doll too. I was afraid it was getting too dark, but I think her pictures came out pretty nice.


She's 21 inches tall. 

What are these flowers called?! I can't think of the name!

Look at the side of her hair. That better not get messed up, because it's beyond me to fix that.

The tall flowers are zinnias, right?



  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow.  

8 comments:

  1. What a pretty doll. She definitely looks like an "Alice." I like her dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that dress. It's so well made and I love the bobbles on the sleeves.

      Delete
  2. She may have a serious face but the light in her eyes and the slight smile look to me like she's about to burst into laughter. Pretty doll.
    The tall flowers are Echinacea (Coneflower). Used as a herbal remedy for many ailments.

    Teresa F.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. As you can tell, I'm not a gardener!

      Delete
  3. Yes, petunias. So, is it possible a child played with it and changed dresses? I had a whole heap of clothes I changed my Katy Copycat into.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose, but the doll is Effanbee too I'm pretty sure.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.