Monday, October 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #286: Glam Squad

   Today's dolls are some I saw at Five Below today. They're the Glam Squad.


Fashion doll sized dolls with an extra outfit and a pet or accessory, for $5. Seems the Rockstar is a bit of acheat, because she doesn't have an extra outfit or a pet. I hardly think that guitar takes the place of both!

I don't know if there are more than three in the series, but the store I was in only had three different ones: Mermaid, Ice Princess, and Rockstar. 


The Mermaid and the Ice Princess are obviously the Little Mermaid and Elsa from "Frozen".


The back of their boxes tell about them.



  I liked the face on the Rockstar. I don't usually like odd hair colours, but she looks pretty good.
 


  They are cheap, so they probably aren't very sturdy, but they at least had some thought and care put into them. By the way, Five Below has the articulated BTS dolls again. The store I was in only had three, hanging on pegs, but they did have some.

    Those are today's dolls. See you again tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. I like that rocker, LOL. I love goofy hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw these last time I was in 5B, at our store they'd replaced the BTS boys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't seen the BTS dolls there for a while. I was a bit surprised to see they had some.

      Delete
    2. I have exactly one of them, and I got him for his rooted hair and decent articulation. I'm not a BTS fan (some of the music isn't bad though) - JPOP was more my thing back in the day anyway and they always trended more towards girl groups.
      I think they came out what...three-four years ago now? Some warehouse must have cleared out somewhere.

      Delete
    3. It has been a while. I don't listen to them, but I liked the dolls, especially since they were articulated. I have all but one, and they're inaccessible to me now, so I don't know which one!

      Delete
  3. I don't know these dolls. They do look interesting. I like that there are several accessories with each doll.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a decent amount of extras, but I don't know what the quality would be like.

      Delete
  4. They do have more I got my daughter the alpine skier she’s black I’m glad they made a ski doll my daughter loves to ski

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some just the other week around here too.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.