Saturday, October 7, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #270: Moody Cutie Extravaganza!

   Just a couple of days ago I got a comment on an old post about a Moody Cuties doll, from someone who collects them. Then today my sister and I went to a toy show, (I was told by our friend Vinny, who was a dealer there, that it's now the biggest toy show in the country!), and we saw these! They're all Moody Cuties.


 I have never seen so many Moody Cuties in one place in my life! All together there were TWENTY FOUR!


 There were a few doubles, but most of them had something different about them: same dress, different colour, same face, painted differently, etc.

The Moody Cuties were made in the 1960's. They're made of rubber, and are about 3 1/2 inches tall, in their sitting position.


They are called 'moody', and they are almost all one mood: sad. But number 24 was on a shelf at the other end of the table, and appears quite happy to be away from that crying mob.


  My sister actually bought a Moody Cutie at a doll show we went to a year or so ago.

The necklace is original, because a few of the ones we saw today were also wearing one.

  And yes, I did get a few things at the show. I'm terrible! See you tomorrow for another doll.


 

 

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, these dolls capture my emotions in a one hour period of time (laugh). I didn't realize they were so tiny until I saw them in your hand. There are still so many incredible doll shows out there. I wish I could go to all of them! Can't wait to see what you bought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you don't cry as much as those dolls! About 90% of them seem to have sad moods! I feel really guilty because I'm not supposed to be buying stuff, and yet it seems that lately I ave gone to so many shows and bought stuff! I still have stuff to show you from the last doll shows! Having said that, I did get some nice stuff yesterday! As far as seeing them in my hand, to be fair, the nice looking hands are my sister's! Mine are the pruney looking ones wearing the rings.

      Delete
    2. I seem to be "adopting" dolls also. I definitely don't need any more either but somehow they find their way into my heart and then, alas, into my house. I have a ton of dolls to sell and once I do, I will feel a little better about the ones who knock on my door and say "can I live here?" (laugh)

      Delete
  2. How are you selling yours? Maybe your doll club can help you with that. Maybe if you go to a doll show you could take a few and offer them to dealers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.