Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #287: Fashionistas #192

   I saw this guy at Five Below yesterday. He was tempting.


Officially he's Fashionistas #192.


Unofficially he's probably known as the guy with vitiligo.


Vitiligo is an autoimmune disorder that causes the loss of pigment in patches of skin anywhere on the body.


  There have been two other Fashionistas with vitiligo, but they were both female. You might have seen Emma's #135 HERE.



  Note that in the first picture, to the left you see that they also carry The World's Smallest toys, and at the moment ours has the 1977 Barbie case. Just a few comments about it. For one thing, I love the case. It's slightly big for 1/6 scale, but I can live with that. Second thing: the doll that comes with it is WAY too small for the case! What?! As if that weren't enough, #3, she's totally the wrong doll for the case, and even the wrong decade! She's a 90's Barbie, with long crimped hair. You can see her on the right of the case in the package. I can't remember the name right now, but I know that doll came out when Emma was little, and Emma was born in 1991. So I'd take the case, and the doll, but not together. As for #192, I like him. I think if you want him you should snap him up while Five Below has him for $5.

  And I still haven't seen The Barbie Movie! I saw it for sale on DVD yesterday. For sale already?! Things move fast these days! It used to take at least a year for something to make it t video. I'm old.

  That's today's doll. We're going to the house to work tomorrow, and we should be getting windows put in soon. (Yay!) See you tomorrow for some other doll, even if I haven't decided which one yet!

  

6 comments:

  1. My Barbie has never had a Ken (or any family for that matter). I played with her solo as there weren't any other dolls in the line in the beginning. I have never thought about buying a Ken. I haven't seen the movie either. I probably won't.

    I hope you get the work done that you want on the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw. Your poor lonely Barbie. Do you not like the type of humour the movie has, or don't you like movies in general?

      Delete
  2. I believe the World's Smallest Barbie with the long, crimped hair is meant to be Totally Hair Barbie from 1992. Just so you're aware, when I saw the World's Smallest 1977 Barbie Case at a Five Below near me, there seemed to be 3 different options available for the accompanying doll. Some cases were packaged with Totally Hair Barbie, some with the black and white swimsuit Barbie, and some with Malibu Barbie. Also, the packaging stated that there was a second, mystery doll inside the case. So maybe, if you keep your eyes peeled, you'll find a case packaged with the correct doll. Then again, I'm not sure how many different Barbie dolls were recreated for the World's Smallest line.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's it! I couldn't be bothered to look that doll up, but I knew it well at the time it came out. I have the Teresa. Thanks. The store I was in only had the Totally Hair doll. I'll have to look into the multiple dolls.

      Delete
  3. Are you sure that the Barbie Case does not come with different Barbies, like the Dreamhouse does? Or maybe they want people who have bought the Dreamhouse several times to get all the little dolls they want, to not have to get a duplicate doll if buying the case?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen both come with a single doll. All have been the same doll. I mean, I have only seen the A frame house with a Malibu Barbie, in Caucasian or Black, and the case I've only seen with the 90's doll. Maybe I am just seeing the ones that were available around here, and they are all the same.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.