Thursday, October 12, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #275: Sweet Lavender Barbie

   If I tell you I was so tired today that I didn't get around to photographing anything, I think that still won't impress upon you exactly how tired I am, and have been lately. I think I know why now though. I had my bloodwork done for the endocrinologist last week, and finally got my prescription refilled, and she has DOUBLED my dosage of thyroid medicine. Well almost doubled. It's doubled on 5 out of 7 days a week, when I already took double the normal dosage. Apparently my thyroid has been off again, which might account for my tiredness, and why I want to lay down and go to sleep about 5 o'clock every day. 

  Anyway, my tiredness is why I am falling back, once again, on some pictures I already had taken. And I apologize for their blurriness. That seems to be becoming my trademark, unfortunately.. I have GOT to get that taken care of!

  So today we're seeing Sweet Lavender Barbie. Does anybody remember Woolworth? Way back when this doll came out, in 1992, Woolworth was still big enough to have their own exclusive Barbie doll, of which, this was one.



She was one of the big dress, big hair Barbie dolls so popular in those days. She came in this blonde version, and a black haired African American version.


  For some reason the picture on the back of the box shows the dress a much different shade of purple.

  If I can motivate myself tomorrow we'll see the last doll from the toy show. (Slaps face on both sides to wake self up. See you then.

1 comment:

  1. Tam, you know you can take a few days off and rest. We all want you to be well.

    I know you won't but I will keep suggesting it anyway!

    Woolworth's. Oh my goodness I miss it! I was just thinking recently of all of the things one could purchase in a 5 and Dime that are no where to be found now. I miss Kmart too. It was kind of sort of like a 5 and Dime. Dollars stores are nice, I definitely shop there, but 5 and Dimes had "class," not elegance but class.

    What a pretty Barbie. I can see why you like her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.