Thursday, October 26, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #288: Hong Kong Doll

   Yeah, okay. I missed yesterday. We were gone all day and got back to Emma's fairly late. When we got here I washed the dishes, changed the litter box, and emptied the trash cans. After that I took a shower and didn't even eat a bowl of cereal like I was going to, because I felt lousy. I didn't even feel like doing a post. I hadn't gotten anything photographed during the day anyway. And I even brought some dolls to photograph, which I now have to return to storage. But anyway, I am catching up a little today. I will still be 10 days behind for the year, (And yes, I still intend to catch up before the end of the year.), but I won't be 11! So there will be two posts today. Here's the first one.

  This girl is a mystery doll. I don't know who she is.

She's about 4 or 5 inches tall.

Her only markings are the 'made in Hong Kong' on her back.


She has movable limbs and head.


From her outfit and the style of her eye paint, I would say she's from the 1970's.



Her hair is gathered into two ponytails. Her dress closes in the back, (although not very well!), with a tie at the neck. Her apron is part of her dress. She has a pair of nylon undies, and white boots.
 

She herself is made of cheap plastic, and her boots are too. They aren't squashy, but they aren't hard either. they are sort of medium soft, but have still managed to split. Other than that she's in very nice condition.


  If anybody knows who she is, or who she was made by, please leave a comment. If anybody wants to adopt her, she's yours for a couple of dollars and postage. Leave your contact information and I'll get back to you.

  That's it for...yesterday? Don't forget to check for today's second post too.

3 comments:

  1. Another little cutie. She looks kind of sad though. Maybe she needs a hug.

    Is her outfit original? I wonder if she is an international doll of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's got a sweet little face, whoever she is. Maybe she and the Pee Wee clone can be sissies or friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well they have been hanging out together. I hope if somebody takes one they take both. It'd be a shame to break them up now.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.