Sunday, May 5, 2019

Doll-A_Day 2019 #124: Brenda Brush

  Today's doll was a gift from a Flickr friend. She was part of a 'pay it forward', and she just arrived recently.




She's Brenda Brush.





You may recognize her from my recent post on her series mate, Hot Canary.If not, you can see Hot Canary's post HERE.


Brenda Brush and Hot Canary are from the series of Go Gos dolls by Topper toys.


They were made in 1965.


The Go Gos came in plastic cases.


The top can be removed,and the doll can use the case bottom as a stand. 


 There is a small clear plastic piece that holds the doll's feet that slides into place in the base.




Brenda is obviously an artist.



And she's very intent on her work!
 


She has her brush and pallet,and the cliche artist's smock, floppy bow,and beret.









 And she's pretty messy, as artists tend to be.


Her brush is clamped to her wrist with a big metal thing in her arm, like Hot Canary has for her microphone.


But her pallet is held on with a stitch sewn to her sleeve.
 

She has red tennis shoes.



Like Hot Canary, Brenda stands about 8 inches tall, and is posable,with wires in her rubber body.



She just can't hold that brush in a useful position!
I love this doll! Brenda is one of my two favourites in the series. The other is Tomboy.


I had mentioned this recently in a comment on someone's Flickr photo of Brenda. The next thing I know,one of my Flickr friends had contacted me and offered to send Brenda to me!

 

She had gotten a gift from someone, and she was continuing the 'pay it forward' by sending a doll to me. Now I'm trying to find someone to send something to. 

  That's it for today. We'll see you again for another doll.

8 comments:

  1. She's really original. Nice to see good spreading. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to find someone to send something to so i can keep the good going.

      Delete
  2. These really are adorable! How do they compare in size to Dawn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much bigger. Not only are they and inch and a half or s taller,but they are 'bulkier',for lack of a better word. Much bigger all around than Dawn.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on receiving your gift. Doll gifts are the best!

    Why does Brenda have one eye closed? Is she scrutinizing her artwork?

    You probably know that World Doll Day is coming up on Saturday, June 8. We are all challenged to give a doll to someone in honor of this day.

    A few years ago, my local doll club donated dolls and teddy bears to a Ronald McDonald House. I always give a gift to someone around June 8. Usually it's someone in doll club.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, she is screwing up her eye and has her tongue out in concentration.
      Thanks for the reminder about World Doll Day. I'll have to mention it on the blog again.

      Delete
  4. I love those 'play it forward' things, they're a lot of fun! I recently received a wonderful dolly present from a friend of mine, I will write about her on my blog soon.
    I like this little doll with concentration written all over her face, but even more I like her outfit!! A lovely girl to receive as a gift :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be looking forward to seeing your new doll. You have some really cute ones already.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.