Friday, May 3, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #123: Compo Girl

  Today we're going to take a closer look at a doll you may have seen in the post I did when I bought her. If not, you can see that post HERE. She's very old and cute girl.



She's about 21 inches tall.




I think she's composition.



She has blushy knees.


 Her head piece has a chest plate.



She's missing a lot of the surface of her 'skin'.

Her hair is a wig,and she has sleep eyes with real lashes.



I love dolls with teeth, and she has cute little teeth.


Her body is stuffed cloth,and she has a crier box in her back.


Does anybody recognize this girl? If you do let me know.


  That's it for today. Check back tomorrow and see what we'll have.

6 comments:

  1. I don't recognize her. Does she have any markings at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a one. Sorry. I should have mentioned that.

      Delete
  2. Yep, she's definitely compo and she's a beauty! Have you tipped her on her side to see if her eyes "flirt"? That might help narrow your options down some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not specifically to look for that, but I didn't notice them flirting when I have handled her. I'll have to check the next time I get her out. She's so delicate because she's flaking away. I wish i knew how to repair compo.

      Delete
  3. She is a beautiful doll, her face is lovely. It's such a shame that her surface is coming off but in a way it makes me feel that probably she was well loved by some little girl (or boy) in the past....she has a story to tell!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could fix her though,because she will continue to deteriorate. In a way I always feel I should get rid of dolls like this, and get them to someone who can save them. I have several with this problem,but there are some of them that are so cute I would have a hard time letting them go!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.