Monday, May 6, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #125: Connie's Collection: Skipper Clone Honey by Davtex?

  I went to the dentist the other day about my cracked tooth. The dentist took an x-ray. My cracked tooth is no worse and not disintegrating,but I have a small cavity on the tooth next to it. The main problem that was causing my headaches/neck aches seems to be something else the dentist saw in my x-ray: I have a sinus infection. Yes, you can see a sinus infection in a dental x-ray. So my doctor prescribed me some antibiotics and a decongestant. I started them on Thursday, and I feel SO much better! My headaches,jaw pain,and neck pain has gone. I have a little throat/ear thing hanging on for dear life,but it's going. I got better just in time, because Emma bought us tickets to see Joe Jackson for a a Mother's Day present for me. (Not Michael Jackson's dad. Is She Really Going Out With Him, and  Steppin Out Joe Jackson.)The concert was last night. There's no way I could have enjoyed it a week ago with my head splitting. It was a really good show and he did "Sunday Papers" and "I'm the Man",which are two of my favourites.
  Today's doll is another from my friend Connie's collection. She's this girl.


She's obviously a Skipper clone or competitor.


She has a Skipper-like bathing suit, but a lot of the Skipper clone dolls had this same bathing suit or one very similar. Sandy by Elite had one just like this,only with a checked bottom half.



She looks alot like Elite's Sandy doll,but she has a cheaper look,and her eyes glance in the opposite direction. I'm pretty sure she's Honey by Davtex.


This doll is made in Hong Kong.



I think the Honey doll came with long straight hair, or this sort of bubble cut hair style.




She stands about 9 and a half inches tall,slightly taller than a real Skipper. That could just be due to the puffier hair.


She has very Skipper-like hands.
.


But she has bendy legs.


There's no click type knee joint like Skipper was given in 1965. They're just bendy,wire filled  rubber legs,more like Posin' Tammy,or Penny Brite, (only softer and easier to bend!) Her feet are a lot smaller and skinnier than Skipper's.
 

  It actually didn't rain today. I was able to enjoy my dogwood tree for the first time. As you can see from the first picture of Honey, it's dropping it's petals already.
 

Last night I cut some lilacs and brought them in where I could enjoy them before they lose all their petals. You can see some of my lilacs in the photos of Honey.
  That's the doll for today. See you again tomorrow for a cute little kid.

8 comments:

  1. This doll's hairstyle reminds me a lot of the Mary Make-Up doll I have that used to belong to my aunt. Glad to hear you're feeling better.
    Signed, Treesa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Treesa. Her hair also reminds me of my mom's hairdo!

      Delete
  2. So the sinus infection was putting pressure on your bad tooth? I've got a bad tooth that happens to and it always feels like dying. I'm glad you're feeling better.
    That hairstyle looks very 1960s!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not putting pressure on it. It just showed up in the x-ray,and mimicked some of the feelings of a toothache.

      Delete
  3. So glad you are feeling better.
    This doll is new to me. She has really long legs.
    I kind of like her romper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I think her legs look super long too, but when I stood her next to a real Skipper they were about the same. Maybe they look that way because they are so skinny.

      Delete
  4. Another cute doll but yes, you can see she's a little more cheaply made than Skipper.
    I'm glad you're feeling better and that you finally are properly on the mend. And also glad to hear that you enjoyed your concert, what a nice present :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.