Thursday, May 16, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2019 #135: So In Style Kara

  Today's doll is one Ivy loaned me. She came home from college today, and happened to spot this doll in her room and suggested I use her.


She's Kara, a So In Style doll.
 

Kara originally came with a violin, a flute. a karaoke machine, a carrying case, and a little sister named Kiana. There was a series of the So In Style girls with their little siblings. In fact, I think there may have been more than one series with siblings. I know there were at least three dolls in this series, all with sisters, but I know there was a brother, Julian, somewhere. The siblings had the long skinny legs like the later Chelsea dolls.


This is her original shirt,but she originally had a short denim skirt.




  These jeans belong to another So In Style (or S.I.S.) doll, Trichelle,from the set with Trichelle and her little sister,with their art supplies.


 She also originally had two clear bracelets, a necklace with a music note on it, and a pair of electric guitar earrings.

 

Ivy's doll seems to have broken one of hers off, but she still has one guitar earring. In this picture you can also see that she has a painted on hairline.



 Her hair is made up of a mixture of red and brown.





Kara is jointed at the neck, shoulders,hip,and elbows.






 Her head can tilt a bit,side to side, and upward.







  The So In Style dolls were some of Ivy's favourites. She has most of them, especially the Trichelles,which were her favourites of them all. You can see previous posts on some of my, and Ivy's So In Style dolls HERE and HERE, and HERE.




Roxanne's Dolls has a blog with some good pictures of the dolls in and out of box with all their accessories. You can see that post HERE.



  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll look at a really fun doll that's one of those you'll either love or hate. See you then!

11 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous doll! I was not collecting and did not yet have a daughter when the SIS dolls were out, so I never knew about these dolls until recently. It looks like it was a great line with beautiful dolls. I know they are not her original pants, but I love her paint splattered jeans! This reminds me so much of my artsy daughter. She has so many clothes (and the carpet in her bedroom) with paint on them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The jeans go to the SIS doll that had an art theme. These were very pretty dolls. I always loved Ivy's,and now I have some of my own.

      Delete
  2. Oh goody, I like love-or-hate posts; those are always interesting! Kara is lovely, as the SIS dolls were. I always enjoy seeing these. Have fun with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she'll be sick of me by the end of summer, but for now Ivy and I are hanging out together all the time.

      Delete
  3. Kara is a really pretty doll, and I love her top. It looks similar to My Scene stuff, and I love things with lots of bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like her top too. I think the My Scene and SIS dolls had some really nice clothes.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful doll. I did not know her. Thanks for sharing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's a very pretty doll and I like the others you linked to aswell.
    I've not heard of the SIS dolls of course, but she's very like Barbie isn't she?
    I look forward to your 'love or hate' post :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were closely related. They shared bodies with Barbie and friends.

      Delete
  6. I think these dolls are so pretty and the kids are just adorable. If they are on Chelsea type bodies, they why isn't Chelsea as cute?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.