Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Doll-A_Day 2019 #121: Pose 'N Play Skipper

 Well, still no camera. It was either do more bad pictures with Ken's phone,show you another doll I made, (when I just showed you one a couple of days ago), or show you something I had photographed because I was going to sell it. I chose the latter,so remember these photos were aimed at showing the doll for the purpose of selling, not for showing her particular points or being artistic. Keeping that in mind...
  Today's doll is this girl.

 

She's Pose 'N Play Skipper.


Pose 'N Play Skipper was released in 1972,in a set that included the Swingarounder Gym,and in 1973 as a 'baggie' doll, sold in a bag instead of a box. Apparently the very early dolls had strawberry blonde hair.

This is her original outfit. (Swim suit?Playsuit?)
  She also came with light blue ribbons tying her ponytails.



 She had the same body as Living Skipper.
 

This body has a twist waist that can tilt,click bend knees,jointed wrists,and jointed elbows covered with rubber skin.



The bodies have a tendency to chip around the shoulders and hips,and crack around the butt area,(That's not a joke...),and crotch. They are also prone to melting.

You can see there is a melt mark on the hip.
These dolls have a different look than Living Skipper. I think they have beautiful faces.


The head can tilt and look up and down, as well as turn.


You will have seen this if you saw my post on a different Pose N Play Skipper.




You can see her whole post HERE.
That's it for today. See you again tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, my old Fluff doll has a crack on her buttcheek too. I'm sorry your doll and my doll both have that problem, but it's good to know they're not the only ones! I had no idea Pose 'n' Play Skipper was so cute! The handful of publicity pics I saw of her were sadly not flattering, but this young lady is/was adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she's under rated by Skipper collectors. The other weakness in this body type seems to be that they come apart at the crotch join. It's a shame there are these problems,because otherwise the body is really nicely posable. I only wish i could find my Fluff. She's hiding somewhere!

      Delete
  2. This doll is new to me. I think that except for the few dings she is in pretty good shape. I like the color of her bathing suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's a cutie. Too bad about the body issues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never seen this one before but she looks quite sweet :)
    I have come across several dolls that have the butt crack problem as well as the melting plastic too. I think it was very common to the Kenner Blythes from the early 70s too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably. Kenner's Dusty has the same problem. Hers is mainly the melting though.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.