Thursday, May 16, 2019

Doll-A-Day 2018 #136: Fab Faces Kennedy

  Today's doll is,as I said,one you'll probably either love or hate. She's this interesting lady.


She's Fab Faces Kennedy,a My Scene Barbie friend.


She's from the Fab Faces series.


She looks a little unusual, but there's a reason. She has a great gimmick. She has these buttons in her back.


What are the buttons for? Why do they have faces? Each button has a different function, and they make her do this!

Eyebrows up and mouth agape.

Mouth and eyebrows a little calmer.

Eyebrows calm and mouth really open.

A fairly relaxed expression.

And, really peed off!

Each button controls a different part of her face.

You can see some bumps on her forehead.



There are shapes on her face, under a thin rubber skin. The buttons raise or extend the bumps to make her have expressions. Sometimes the bumps show through a bit too much.


The rubber skin is kind of delicate, and these dolls are sometimes found with 'skin' that has split or torn, or even been ripped off completely.


Well it's true.


I'm sure that originally the buttons could be used together to combine the movements. That doesn't seem to work any more.



These aren't her original clothes. I know I have her dress somewhere, but I don't think I got it when I got her, (second hand). This is what Ivy had on her when we came across her. 


It's a little hard to find clothes for her other than her own, because of all the buttons sticking out of her back.


 She has pretty much the same articulation as the other My Scene dolls. It's the standard Barbie body of the time,with jointing at the shoulders and hips, with click bend knees.



The only thing the Fab Faces dolls are missing that other My Scene and Barbie dolls have, is a jointed neck. Because of the face making feature, her head doesn't turn.


 She has great thick curls.


You can watch a commercial for Fab Faces Kennedy and friends HERE.




I have been looking for this doll for years. Guess where I found her. Ivy had her in her room all this time!
 
 
  You can see my posts on some other My Scene dolls HERE, HERE,HERE,and HERE.
 That's the doll for today. Come back tomorrow for another doll.

11 comments:

  1. Definitely the most terrifying of the My Scene dolls! I was a crazy My Scene collector when these came out and I never bought this one because she legitimately scared the bejesus out of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! There were some really pretty My Scene dolls, but I think this one may be my favourite!

      Delete
  2. Ahh yes! The infamous fab faces dolls! They are so over the top it’s amazing!! I have a fab faces Chelsea I found at Goodwill a few years ago. She’s sooo odd looking, but I can’t help but smile every time I take her out and look at her! I think that Mattel had a good idea with these dolls, but unfortunately they ended up making something a bit terrifying and unintentionally funny instead!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right there! I don't think they meant her to look so freaky. If you watched the commercial you'll notice they don't look so weird there. I love them though.

      Delete
  3. LOL, I thought these were a riot when they were in stores. Even my sister got a chuckle out of them, and she hates all dolls. I wish they weren't so cotton-pickin' hard to find; I always wanted Nolee! Lovely post, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. They ARE hard to find. I have found a couple second hand, but they don't come around nearly as often as the regular My Scene dolls. I think they must not have sold as many.

      Delete
  4. Well, she is a little different. I don't like all of her faces. I do like her outfit though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Ivy to thank for the outfit. I think it's a My Scene skirt, but I'm not sure where the top came from.

      Delete
  5. This is hilarious!! I thought at first that she looked like she'd overdosed on plastic surgery, but when you showed the buttons well my goodness, whatever will they think of next! Very very strange looking but the angry face really is very funny!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. She has a face only a mother could love...or at least laugh at.

      Delete
  6. Good, day. I need help) l have this doll, but trouble;(she have a burn on her face and I don't know how to fix it? can you tell me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.