Monday, July 31, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #204: Pepper...Again!

   Yes, it's another Pepper! I know you may feel you have been inundated with Peppers in the last few months. And this one looks a lot like the Pepper I showed you back in January. But I swear she's a different one.


  I got her at the doll show where I won the door prize gift certificate that I bought the Coraline doll with.



She has the same strawberry blonde hair as January's Pepper, but her hair is much more full and curly.


She has the usual Ideal markings on her back.


  Let's go over the same old info: Pepper is Tammy's little sister. She was made by Ideal, between 1963 and 1965.   


She has five points of articulation: neck, shoulders, and hips.




Like her sister, Pepper doesn't have a very ladylike sitting position.


She had a $10 tag, but I think I managed to get her for $7.


  Do I need another Pepper? No. But, well....


  It's a little hard to resist that suspicious sideways glance, and the red hair, especially at such a good price.


She makes a good detective too...


I don't think they made any Tammy's with this hair colour. Has anybody ever seen one?


My sister had brown hair and mine was red. It happens. Read my posts on red hair for information on that.


The dress is one I picked up somewhere. I don't even remember any more. It had a hat too I think, or maybe it was bloomers. I know there were two pieces. It was laying in the dollhouse, waiting for a wash. So when I was given the boxes with my dollhouse stuff in them, there it was. So I brought it back and washed it up for Pepper, who was naked and waiting for her day on the blog.



  It required some repairs. I had to reconnect the bodice and the skirt on one side in the back, and resew the snaps. I don't sew well. And the dress was fraying on the edges. of the fabric. I wish I had my Fray Check here, but I don't. Don't judge me!

  For more Pepper you can click on 'Pepper' in the side bar.

  That's it for today. See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Pepper is another doll who is new to me. I like her red hair. Where are her shoes? She could step on a pebble and hurt her foot or stub her toe. The dress is pretty. She seems to be having a nice time playing outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now Dorothy, you know I am pathetically short on doll shoes. Except for the doll you sent me, of course. But Pepper shoes, not so much.

      Delete
  2. Heck, you can never have too many of Pepper, and this one is a particularly cute one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. You're enabling me, and I appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. Cute doll. She has a very nice dress. Best regards and have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.