Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #184: Itsy Bitsy Beans Paper Dolls

   Since we've been on a paper doll theme lately, here are some more. They're the Itsy Bitsy Beans paper dolls.



  Once again they were published by Whitman. 

They're dated 1975.

  There are three characters, and they have the strange names 'Poofum', 'Pidgy', and 'Piffle'.

The doll cut outs are on the back cover.


  Baby Beans dolls were something of a quiet phenomenon in the 70's. Premiering in 1970, they sold for years, and inspired an almost endless stream of different versions. (You can see several Baby Beans posts I've done by clicking on 'Baby Beans' in the sidebar.) The first and most common was the Baby Beans in pajamas, and there are a couple of those pjs in this set. I couldn't find a third, but maybe it's missing. The yellow one had Poofum's name written on the back in childish pencil.


Oh well. Pidgy looks cute in this sailor suit. (I love sailor suits.)


There are loads of other cute outfits too, in spite of it being the 70's!








I love the girl's sailor suit too.

  Those are today's dolls. They will be on the sales page soon. In fact, there will be a load of paper dolls showing up on the sales page. I came across these the other day, and there were several other sets in the box. I photographed them all, hoping to get ahead on posts. On the last one I thought, wait a minute! I've done these before! I looked, and I have posted on every set except this one! Oh well! Now I can use the pictures to put them on the sales page!

  See you tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. What little cuties! Are they supposed to be triplets? The names are "different" but maybe they are supposed to be nicknames. I like the clothing also.

    I never heard of these paper dolls but by the 1970s, I wasn't playing with paper dolls any longer. I remember having Doris Day and Rock Hudson paper dolls.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.