Monday, July 3, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #176: GMFGI 1976 Doll

   Today's doll came from a nice, dry box in the room of water. The room seems pretty dry now, but Ken has taken most of the stuff out of it, so the floor has had a chance to dry. Anyway, she's a mystery girl to me. If any of you recognize her, let me know.


The poor girl. It wasn't bad enough that she has green spot disease, but while I was trying to take her picture, she fell over into what turned out to be a nice patch of poison ivy. After that, I was afraid to touch her! She's social distancing in the recycle tub at the moment. How long until she's safe again? (Apparently it's possibly years, unless she's washed. I'm not sure she's worth it with all her Martian spots.)


She is about 18 inches tall.




Her body kind of reminds me of the Ideal Crissy dolls. but she isn't part of that crowd, as far as I know.


She has blue sleep eyes with 'real' lashes.

Her only markings are 'GMFGI 1976' in the back of her head. It stands for General Mills Fun Group Inc. yes, General Mills, like the cereal. That's not all they make.


The dress she's wearing is not her own. It's way too bog for her.



 I had to take these pictures with my phone, because we finally got a rubber lid grip and Ken tried to remove the cracked lens on my camera...and broke the whole lens even worse that it was already. So now I have to use my phone. I have to get a new lens before Emma's wedding in September. Until I do, it's phone or nothing. 

  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow. 

4 comments:

  1. I sadly don't know this young lady's identity, but I like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing she was quite nice at one time. Maybe someone could fix her complexion with paint.

      Delete
  2. Dear Tam, she really does have green spot disease but at least she still has a smile on her face. I have been out of the loop so I will have to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly emailed you today! Email me and let me know what's been going on and how you're doing. I've missed you!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.