Saturday, July 22, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #195: Mini Mary Poppins

   This will be a quick post today, because I have been having a bad time with my shoulder. It's been popping in and out in what I think is called  shoulder sublaxation. It's been really painful for a while, and for the last three days or so I haven't been able to get it popped back, to the point where it's less painful, and I can actually do things like reach behind me without screaming. This morning I finally got it popped back, and even though it still hurts, I did manage to get a bra on today, and try on my dress for Emma's wedding! So I thought I'd take it fairly easy today and let my shoulder pain die down a bit more.

  So, today's doll is a tiny one, rescued from the dollhouse. She's a tiny Mary Poppins.


Mary is looking a bit grubby these days. Sorry about that. But at least she made it through the fire and the piling of all the dollhouse things into boxes. Some of the stuff I'm sure was rounded up off the floor, so she could have ended up trampled.


She's about 2 inches tall.



I got her at a yard sale. At the sale there were several room boxes made by the wife of the guy running the yard sale. They were all really cool, and full of good stuff. Most of it she had bought, but I think her husband said she made the little dolls.
 

I'm not sure if I was making my own tiny dolls by then or not. If not, they were almost certainly inspired by this lady's dolls. She, in turn, may have been inspird by an old copy of Nutshell News miniatures magazine, which showed how to make tiny dolls, with wooden bead heads, like these.


  I would have liked to have bought more of the lady's room boxes, but I only bought one. It was a big, plain wooden box made into what I think was supposed to be Santa's workshop, but it really just looked like a toy store with a table in the middle with Santa and an elf at it. A bunch of my favourite tiny toys came out of that room box, and it was FILLED with miniature dolls. I wanted to be able to use all the toys, and I didn't like the flooring and some of the other aspects, so I...don't kill me! I took it apart. I took the stuff out and plan to use the box to make my own room box. 

She looks really grubby!

  To clarify a few details, the dollhouse sat on a chest, in a corner of the first landing, (at a point where the two flights of stairs meet.), and was jostled by the firefighters. I guess some things got knocked out. The house has since made it's way up the stairs to the main landing, just outside Fuzzy's room, to make carrying the stuff out of the room and down the stairs easier. I know when Emma and her friends rescued stuff from the house, not long after the fire, she said one of her friends was loading a box with miniatures. Some of them were in the floor I guess. I know a few things are broken, including the beautiful wooden and ceramic screen I have. It's fixable, but will never be perfect. I am missing a few small things, including a kitchen cannister and most of the lids. I still have some super tiny things though, like the kitchen match holder, and the tiny spatula. The glass cookie jar and lid made it too. And my Claudon cats! Of all the things in the dollhouse, I worried about my dollhouse dolls and my Claudon cats! The cats were in a ziplock bag, awaiting their own house, so they stayed nice and clean.

  See you tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool doll. So tiny. I saw her yesterday in the Tiny Terry (?) post that you linked to. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary is a cutie. She looks like she will levitate at any moment (smile). She is definitely a survivor. I bet she was singing Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious when she was afraid.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.