Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #178: Fantasy Ball Barbie

    Busy day today. I mowed the yard, picked the garlic buds, (not the garlic pods underground), went through bags of stuff from the rubble, and some other stuff. I got too much sun, but luckily remembered to put sun screen on, and I did wer my hat. I also got to cuddle Jimmy and Joey today, but Ark wouldn't come up from the basement.

  Anyway, I did get another camera lens sorted, but since I was so busy, I didn't have time to use it. So we're resorting to the boxed dolls again!  Today it's Fantasy Ball Barbie.


Fantasy Ball Barbie, is from 1997, when store were still clambering to have their own exclusive Barbie. It was also a time when there were still Kaybee toy stores! Remember them? Fantasy Ball was a Kaybee exclusive.


  She had the usual 90's era blonde hair and one of my least favourite Barbie faces.


This dress is a little strange. She almost looks like she's strapped into a parachute.
 

Or strapped to a hot air balloon.

She also has the karate arms, another of my 'not favourites'.

The fabric of the dress isn't bad, but those ribbons just look weird.



She has a big ring and a small necklace.


  She was in the selling stuff, and not part of my personal collection, so if anybody is interested in giving her a home, let me know.

   See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. How nineties can a dolly get??? LOL, dated or no she's awfully cute. And oh yes, I remember Kaybee Toys. I went there every time my family went to a mall, even after I was way too old to be buying toys. What can I say, I loved the atmosphere, and I loved that everything was within arm's reach, not spread out over half a mile like our closest Toys R Us was.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss Kaybee. They used to get expensive dolls and sell them at very discounted prices! I remember seeing the Midnight Moon Barbie, Breakfast at Tiffany's Audrey Hepburn , and her outfits, Timeless Treasures Cher, and so much more cool stuff, for super cheap prices. I got some Monty Python Holy Grail dolls there too, as well as Ivy's favourite childhood baby doll.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.