Sunday, July 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #196: Another Temu Haul and Articulated Doll!

   Remember what happened with my last Temu purchase? If not, let me recap: I made a Temu purchase. I got an email telling me they thought my order had been lost in transit, so they were refunding my money. If it did show up, I was free to keep the items, and the money. Then it showed up. They were apologetic about it being late, so they gave me $5! So, since my order had ended up being free, plus I got paid $5 for ordering it, I figured it was an opportunity to treat myself. Normally I wouldn't have ordered anything over $3. I have been trying to keep it cheap. But considering the circumstances, I took the chance to buy some higher priced things I had seen and liked. So, for one thing, I bought this little guy.


We'll look at him in more detail in a minute. But first, I want to show you what else I got. Let's start with these.

They even have lenses.

  This pair of glasses was listed as a ring! They do fit on a finger, and stay there. Pinches a bit where the legs end. Maybe it's for smaller fingers.


I thought they would make great glasses for a dollhouse sized doll, or for just laying on a table in a dollhouse. they were 88 cents.

I also got these glasses.



I wanted the black ones, but they were sold out. I'm very impressed by these though. They have clear lenses and real folding legs. 


They were only $1.99. I wasn't sure who they were going to fit though. I hoped they'd be Tammy World's size.  They aren't, but look who they almost fit.


They look great from the front, if a little large, but from the side you can see that they are way too big.


  They fit his head width though, so I don't know who they'll fit.

I have so many dolls without shoes. I bought a pair of black boots. I figured they'd fit somebody. But when they arrived, they weren't a 'they'. They were an 'it'. There was only one. I don't know what happened. It was in a ziplock bag, and the outer shipping bag hadn't been opened. No idea what went on there. But Temu were really good about refunding my $3.48. So now I have that to spend. I don't know if I'll buy the boots again, or something else.

But my favourites, besides those green glasses I guess, were these last two things. First of all, this chess set!


The board is metal and quite heavy. All the little chess pieces are real metal too. It's not magnetic though, which would have been handy with such small pieces.




And no, I don't know how to set up a chess board. I've only played three times, and that was because the condition of buying the Muppet chess set was that I would finally allow Ken to teach me how to play chess, and play it with him. So I have played Ken twice, and Fuzz once. I beat them both. They claim it was a fluke.


The chess set was $5.28, which is more than I like to spend, but hey, it was free plus!

The last item I bought was a whole $7.48, but you get a lot with it and the table is real wood. (And, again, free plus.) It's a Lego table with pieces.


I thought it was going to be plastic. The table is all wood, and the wooden legs fit in the holes.



I was a little disappointed in the Lego trim on the table. It's paper and a bit cheap looking.

And the Legos are upside down.

And my sticker is peeled up.


But you do get quite a bunch of tiny Legos, including four coloured thingies that make up the table top.. 



I remember paying a lot for the little bag of tiny Legos I got at Disneyworld when we went in 2019. Of course, that was Disneyworld. Everything is more expensive there. 

  There are a lot of different colours, and they do hook together well.


 

  The set also comes with a piece that is supposed to act as a shoot to wipe the Legos off the table and into a container. I think it may also double as one of those things to separate your Legos.


In any case, it doesn't work for either, because the holes in the back where you fit it to the Lego bumps, are too small. You can't hook them together. 



  Now to our little model here. He has a sweet little face, and big brown eyes.


And painted hair with molded details.


He posed with a nice bee who was partaking of our blooming leeks.

He's a nice quality for the money. (He was $4.48.) 

He also posed with the tasteless wild strawberries that have proliferated in our yard, while the good ones, that I paid money for, died.

And he can do a lot of posing. He's jointed at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, knees, and ankles.

He's a whole six inches tall.

And his arms and legs can move outward, as well as back and forth.



His joints hold a pose tightly. 








He has no waist joint, but he can do drastic things, like touch his face, the side of his head, or his stomach. The  disappointment is that he can't tilt his head at all, only turn it.

His clothes are a little confusing. His shirt closes in the back with Velcro.


But it's the front of his shirt that's confusing. There's picture, and underneath the picture it says Shiba Inu. Okay. I looked it up. A shiba inu is a breed of dog. But under that, I swear it says, 'tagline goes here'!


  He has white plastic shoes that are molded to look like lace ups.


His shorts have elastic in the waist, but it looks like it might tear loose if his shorts are scooted on and off too much.

By the way, he even has a little belly button.


  I'm considering using my boot money to instead, buy clothes that will fit him, and also a naked, but shoed, doll his size that Ken bought me a while back. I tried to find that doll at the house last week, but I couldn't remember where I put him.

  So I am very happy with what I got from Temu this time. The boot being missing was a disappointment, but they quickly refunded my money. I still recommend Temu.

  See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That's a nice haul for a nice price...except for the boot, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little guy is adorable. I can see why you like him. Does he have a name? I vote for Edwin.
    Congratulations on your chess wins. They weren't flukes. If you beat folks who already know how to play, then you are very good. So yeaaa, you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice haul. I got a couple of girl dolls similar to your boy on Aliexpress. I also got the chess set there many years ago, and the Lego table earlier this year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.