Sunday, July 16, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #189: Polly Pocket Rings

   I still have these pictures on my computer. They are from way back when I cleaned out Ivy's room. Remember those posts? While going through her massive Polly Pocket collection, I unearthed these babies.

They are Polly Pocket rings.

The petal of the flower says Polly Pocket. You can see that on the left one.

There are two of the same ring, which feature a ballerina.




The ballerina Polly doll inside the ring is the size of the original Polly dolls.


These rings, which are expandable, to fit various size fingers, were available in Happy Meals in 1994.


There were regular Polly rings, sold on cards, that opened. These don't open.


That's because this ring was a Happy Meal toy, and so didn't have all the features of the regular line toys. 

  The design is a flower, with the leaves making up the part that goes around the finger.



  That's it for today. Tomorrow we have to got to the house and clear out stuff. More soot up our noses, although I finally got Ken to wear a proper mask. I have been worried since I found out that a lot of old plaster, as well as old insulation, was made with asbestos. Fuzz's room is full of insulation pulled out of the ceiling, and broken plaster and plaster dust. Add to that the soot and ash and it's not a healthy environment. I should be wearing a mask when I dig through the bags for retrievables too, but I haven't so far. Anyway, see you tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember these ring dolls. I guess I just grabbed my fish sandwich and fries to go (smile). Are they supposed to be pacifiers? I know that was a craze with young folks a while back.
    Yes, please do wear a mask. One cannot be too careful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's just a doll under a dome, but I do remember the pacifier craze you're talking about. I'll never figure that one out.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.