Saturday, July 15, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #188: Thum-Things

   Today we're looking at an odd little person. She's a Thum-Things doll.

A babe in the woods...a naked babe in the woods.


 Thum-Things were made by Uneeda in 1973.



The name was sort of a joke: This doll is really thumthing! Uneeda tied the name in with the doll by suggesting that your thumb could be used to activate the doll's special feature.



And what is that special feature?  She has three different faces!

Her 'thilly' face.

Her 'thmart' face. Same face, only with a tongue.

And her 'thleepy' face.

Her face spins within her hair, as her hair is a separate piece. As such, it kind of stands out around her head.
 

  You'll notice that her nose is an indentation instead of  a protrusion. Her mouth is too, but at least that makes sense.

  My poor little second hand girl is naked, but Thum-Things came wearing a variety of dresses, and all the same style of shoes, only in different colours. The dolls themselves came in three hair colours, blonde, brown, and red.

Sorry about the blur!

  Thumb-Things is 4 1/2 inches tall. If I was home I would have had a dress of some kind to put on her, but I'm not. She is a little chubby for a Kelly dress, but could probably wear a 60's Heidi dress quite well. So, sorry about the vinyl nudity!

  She's just a fun little doll. I'll see you tomorrow with another one.

3 comments:

  1. She is a cutie if I see just one of her faces.

    I don't really like dolls that have heads that turn around. They are a little bit too Twilight Zone for me. Same thing with topsy turvy dolls. I think that legs should be under a dress not another doll's head. It's probably just me though as I know folks collect dolls like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this, didn't know about these dolls! so unusual and funny and cute. thanks for posting all the dolls so regularly, it's much appreciated. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's nice to be appreciated!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.