Sunday, July 30, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #203: Tiny Caco Boy

   Today's doll is another Caco kid. I can tell that from looking at him.


But this little guy is really a little guy. He may look like he'd make a good friend for Jeffrey, but Jeffrey towers over him.

Jeffrey: What are you doing here? Kid: I have no idea.

Being smaller than Jeffrey is one thing, but I think of Jeffrey as maybe 7 or 8 years old. So with him being so tiny, he should look more like a toddler. But he just looks like Jeffrey, only smaller.

If Jeffrey is 7 or 8, Kay and Moe are 8 or 9, and the new girl, Amanda, is 9 or 10, the new kid, let's call him Barney, has got to be about 3 or less. He should be chubbier and more babyish looking.

He only stands two inches high. He must have been made for some other, smaller, scale dollhouse. Mustn't he?


Despite his size, he's older than everyone else. I can tell that because Jeffrey, Kay, Moe, and Amanda all have plastic hands and feet, like the later Caco dolls, while Barney has metal, probably lead, hands and feet.



He has the same thread wrapped arms and legs, and I think his head is plastic, like their heads.


 Like Jeffrey, he has lots of molded detail in his hair.




His mouth paint is a little wonky. It gives him an attitude.


  He definitely needs a clean up. I could strip him and make him new clothes, That wouldn't help his dirty arms and legs though. Maybe I could pretend he plays in the mud a lot. He's a grubby little fellow.

  I thought he could be Amanda's baby brother. I got him at the same time, at the miniature show where I got the other dollhouse people you've seen in the last few months. 


What do you think? I think he looks too much like Jeffrey to be her brother.

  And what's in the yellow shoebox? 


There's a variety of stuff brought from the house for clean up and dealing with, from a cat magnet who lost his ear, (and his magnet), from the metal cupboard on the landing, to a Christmas ornament rescued from Fuzz's room and one from the landing, to a keyring one of the kids made for me, to one of my dad's watches, to several rolls of film from Ivy's childhood that have never gotten developed! I was asking about those, since I knew they were in this yellow shoebox, on a shelf on the first landing. Ken couldn't find them, so, typically, they were in plain sight on the stairs on the other side. (We have two flights leading to the first landing, one on either side.) Two rolls of film had already shown up in stuff retrieved from the house. I'm hoping this is all of them now. This time they are getting sent out for development, and I hope they are still viable. They had gone undeveloped because they were at the tail end of the film era and finding places to get them developed were getting harder to find. Even harder were places that gave negatives with the prints, which Ken insisted on. He's so old!

  See you tomorrow!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, I am with Ken. I would want negatives too. I guess that makes me old also (laugh).
    I think that Barney just has an old face. Some babies look like the adults they will become rather than like babies.
    I think that he can be Amanda's baby brother. If you make him new clothes, you can make him a romper that will give him the appearance of being younger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! That romper idea is great! i might do that. The thing about the negatives is, you can't get them printed any more anyway, and they were willing to give a disc with the pictures on instead. I bet they don't do that any more. I was originally wanting the negatives too, but eventually, I just wanted my pictures printed!

      Delete
  2. Caco dolls were made in two scales. I think 1:12 and 1:16. Some Lundby dolls were Caco type dolls (the high chair dolls and some others), and Lundby are said to be either 1:16 or 1:14.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I think they must have been. He doesn't fit the others.

      Delete
  3. Lovely toddler. Yes, he can be Amanda's brother. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.