Monday, April 17, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #100: Dollhouse Family

   Wow! We're up to day 100 already! That's what I thought anyway. Then I realized I am still a week behind, so we hit that milestone a week ago. There is another milestone coming up that we are going to mark somehow though. In May this blog will celebrate it's TENTH anniversary! Can you believe it? I can't. Time flies when you're having fun. I wonder what will be coming up for the anniversary? It's a big one so it should be something good. I have some ideas, but I'm still figuring it out. Stick around.

  Today's doll is a bunch, a family. They're this group of dollhouse dolls.



  
They're 1/6 scale. That means the dad is about 6 inches tall, and the mom is about 5 1/2. The family includes a mom...



She looks a little spacey.

....a dad...



...a little brother...


...and a...chef?


He's the same type of doll as the others, but his clothes are new. I think someone was one of a kinding him into a chef.


All of these dolls are rubber, and have lots of detail molded into their hair.




The chef has painted on shoes.


As does the little boy.


Mom is barefoot.



She must have had removeable shoes, because Dad does.  He still has his though.

He still has glue on the bottom of his foot.


They must have been glued on his feet at one point, because there's glue residue in there.

  The family is bendy, being, as I said, rubber, with wires inside.





  They can turn their bendy necks too.



  The dad gives me very Bert Convey vibes.





  Dad's drawers were sagging, so when I tried to pull them up I noticed something: Dad is pretty ripped.


He's got quite an unexpected six pack, for a dollhouse guy.

And biceps.

He even has back muscles. You wouldn't expect dollhouse dolls to have such detail. They don't have extra clothes, and often their clothes are glued or sewn on, so their clothes don't always get removed. Because of that, they are usually made with pretty plain bodies.



And Mom has pretty muscular legs.


That one is a little wonky.

  I'm going to guess this family is from the 1960's or 70's. I don't know who they are made by though.

  By the way, the book they are using as a backdrop is this one.



You may have read my post on the Edith the Lonely Doll books HERE. The book is here because it got wet, and in fact, singed, in the fire, It was right next to Fuzz's room. What worries me is, the other Edith book was with it, and it didn't get brought here. Either it got totally destroyed, or it made it completely unscathed and was taken to storage in a tub. No one seems to know at this point. The fact that this one got singed may mean it was in the front, and it's tough library binding protected it, and the other book was behind it and totally untouched. Or the other one could have been in front of this one, and took the brunt of the heat and fire, and was totally destroyed. The suspense is driving me crazy.

  Those are today's dolls. If anybody recognizes them and knows who made them, please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.