Sunday, April 30, 2023

Doll-A-Day 23 #113: Cuchi Cuchi

   I keep forgetting to show you my beautiful lilacs. I cut them Wednesday evening while we were at the house. They're on the way out now, but a couple of days ago they looked like this.


I cut some for Emma's living room too.


And they smell so good! I'm glad I still got to enjoy them, even though we're here.

  Now, on to today's doll. She's a big baby called Cuchi Cuchi.


That's 'Cuchi Cuchi', as in what you say when you chuck a baby under the chin, and not when you're Charo.

She's actually a very accomplished and respected guitarist.

  The big baby was made in Spain by a company called B.B. I think she was made in 1984.


  She's a big 27 inches tall, even with her curved baby legs.


Her mouth is shaped to hold the pacifier she originally came with, and she has two little teeth molded into her mouth.


You may also have noticed that she has pierced ears. She's missing one earring, but she has one gold ball earring in her left ear.


 She has platinum blonde hair, and somewhat jaundiced looking sleep eyes, with lashes.



Her face is paled out, and doesn't match her body any more. 


I know she's too young for make-up, but maybe some foundation and blush would help!


You think?

I found her at a thrift store quite a while back, and thought she was interesting enough to buy and research. I'm thinking she was quite an expensive doll in her day. And she did come all the way from Spain. She can be kind of cute if she tries.



 Her body is jointed just above the waist, so she can turn and twist more realistically.



  She has lots of baby fat wrinkles, and a belly button.


She has six points of articulation, including the waist. She can turn her head, and move her arms and legs...not by herself! Although I think AJ was starting to fear that!


As you can see, she has a sound grill in her chest.


She also has a battery compartment in her back. 


It appears you can change the whole talk box if she were to stop working.

  She supposedly speaks Spanish, but I haven't tried this one out. She was in box in the Room of Water, and got quite soaked. That shouldn't affect her mechanism, since she didn't have a battery in at the time, and wasn't operated while wet. She did stay wet for a while though, and after she was brought here to dry out she developed a strange spot on one of her legs.

Her socks are pretty dirty too, because I didn't take them off her and wash them.

I suppose it's mold of some sort, but it won't come off with cleaner and paper towel. It does appear to be dead though, and not spreading.

  She's wearing her original clothes, which include the dress, diaper, socks, and shoes.


 I washed her dress, because it had some mildew spots on it. They didn't wash out, and I haven't treated the stains with anything.

Her shoes have come unglued at the toes, which seems to be common for these dolls.

 I didn't wash her diaper, and it's pretty dingey.



  I thought I'd just get rid of her. She was creeping everybody out around here! She is big, so she was sat out of the way at the bottom of the stairs. AJ was creeped out when she met him at the door when he came home from work every day! But I see that they sell dolls that look pretty similar and seldom work, and still get about $20. We're going to need all we can get, since there was no insurance money for the fire. So if anybody wants her, I'll take $15 and shipping,  Warning though, she is big, so shipping won't be cheap. 

  I hate that I'm always hawking something these days. But a lot of the stuff I have access to is stuff I don't want, and never wanted. Plus we need to clear the storage room out so that we can clean up in there and dry it out really well. So I'm sorry if I am starting to sound like the blog is all about selling stuff. It isn't, and will never be. But I do need to get rid of some stuff, and the money would really help right now. I will occasionally buy something new. Everybody needs a little happy in their life. But I'm trying not to spend much or get anything big. There is one exception to both, which we'll see soon, and hear a tale of woe. See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. That poor doll's name makes me think of that piece from "The Vagina Monologues." Poor kid needs a new name. She's a cute baby, though.

    Mama told me the same thing you said about Charo, that she's a skilled guitarist but not everyone knows it. I always thought she was cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! The name problem occurred to me too! I haven't seen The Vagina Monologues, so I don't know which bit you mean, but it certainly is an unfortunate choice of name. Maybe they don't use that term in Spain.

      Delete
  2. Did you sell her?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.