Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #87: Plastic Baby

   This little guy was rescued from the house recently. Or maybe this girl. In any case, it's today's doll.


  This doll is about 9 inches tall. The only markings I can find are on it's back, and say Made in Hong Kong.


  I would say this kid is from the 1950's or 60's. The body and limbs are hollow plastic, and the head is vinyl.

She has a bottle mouth, but no opening. Not a drink and wet baby.

  When the baby was brought here for cleaning up, it had a spot of something oily on it's face. I'm afraid when I tried to clean it off I removed a bit of it, but the rest I kind of smeared into a bigger spot! I couldn't get any more off. The kid now has a large birthmark.


  She had molded detail in her hair, blushed cheeks, and painted eyes, She's jointed at the neck, shoulders, and hips.



There might have been a dress over this slip originally, but when I got this baby, this is all it was wearing.


  There's no closure of any kind on it.

  I have some bottles and little things that probably go with this baby. If anybody want to adopt her, she's free but for the shipping. Just leave a comment with your contact information and address, so we can calculate shipping.

  See you tomorrow for another doll.

4 comments:

  1. That's a cute little doll! I've already asked for enuff from you, so I won't be adopting her, but she is awfully sweet. Hope y'all are doing okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please, it would be doing me a favour. I won't even charge you shipping, because I have a box to send you anyway. I sent you an email, by the way.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a Gerber baby clone. He or she is cute! Hope the clean up is still going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look similar, doesn't it? As far as the clean up, it's going very slowly. We took some stuff out today, but Fuzz's room still needs finished clearing up. It's going to have to be done before it gets much warmer, or no one will be able to stand being int here with the windows boarded up. Ken said today that the walls have condensation on them! Everything in there will be ruined. Luckily I had them bring my album of my Mom and Dad's pictures from when they were young, and my grandparents photos, ages ago Today Fuzz managed to find my mom's toy sewing machine and iron, which I have been worried were going to rust in the cold damp house. There are a couple of small rust spots, but I think they will be okay.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.