Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #95: Paper Rose Adora Belle Doll

   I went to the house today, but not inside---baby steps! I mowed the yard and picked up trash and raked up all the walnut twigs, (or, as I like to call them, 'walnut whips'.), that fell last Fall while we were out of the country. I am going to try to go inside the house soon. I still can't stand the thought.

 Today's doll is one I got a few years ago at a yard sale. She was brought from The House of Fire, along with some other dolls of mine that were downstairs in the waterlogged room. Some of them were wet and some were even growing some mold.


  I had to wash them. Most of them are fine, but there were a few that were stained by the mold. Merida has red mold stains on her legs and her dress now. I think I can get the stains out of her dress, but her legs may have to stay as they are. At least her dress will cover them.

  Luckily today's doll was dry and fine, because if I had had to wash her, I'm sure I would have ruined her curls. She's the Adora Belle version of Paper Roses. ( You may have seen her when I first got her HERE.)


  I didn't realize it when I bought her, but she's a Marie Osmond doll. You can tell because she has the dark beauty spot by her left eye, like Marie and all her dolls do. 

Funny, but even Marie doesn't seem to have always had the dot. Maybe they used to cover it with make up, but it seems to be getting bigger and darker as the years go by.

Paper Roses, named after one of Osmond's songs, and styled after a dress she wore to perform the song in Las Vegas, came in a couple of different sizes at least. the smallest one was the Adora Belle.



  This doll is small, about 5 inches tall.

  I was really surprised to see that her skirt and blouse close in back with, not snaps even, but hook and eye closures.



Her blouse is black lace, lined with a peachy fabric.


The white thing around her neck is tissue paper. The paper is under her shirt too, to protect her body from stains I suppose.


Her skirt is black satin, with embroidered roses on it.

Yes, she is standing on the kitty litter bucket. Shut up.

There are big roses on the back.


And she has a big head of curls.

Under her skirt she is wearing black fishnet hose, and black Mary Jane shoes.



She has a big rose pinned in her hair.


  


And yes, big head of curly hair.


She has the usual 5 points of articulation, neck, shoulders, and hips. In addition, her head can tilt up and down a little.


The Marie Osmond dolls all kind of look like a child version of Marie, or what it might have looked like if it looked like modern day Marie, and not young, giant tooth Marie. They have round faces and pudgy cheeks, and big brown eyes. And she did look like that when she was young. And of course, they have the dot.



  I think the larger versions of this doll were porcelain, but this one is vinyl.


  That's today's doll. We'll see another one, or maybe more, tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Thanks in advance for your comments.