Monday, April 24, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #107: Takara Who?

     I had Ken bring the amaryllis out of the house so they could get started when I was there mowing the grass the other week. They only got to stay out a couple of days, which was long enough for them to get some rain at least. Then they had to go right back in because we've had freezing temperatures on and off at night ever since! Those things are never going to start. Of course, there's no heat in the house either, so they may already be dead. That didn't occur to me at first. I hope they're alive. With my black thumb they are just about the only non-yard plants I've been able to keep alive. Emma and Fuzz and I all carried one home on the way from their elementary school one day. A lady who always had a yard full of plants had died, and there were paper grocery bags of amaryllis in her front yard with a 'free' sign on them. So we each brought one home. We didn't have Ivy yet, so Fuzz, who just turned 28, must have been 3 or 4 years old. The amaryllis have propagated very well over the years and I have given many of them away. I think I had 13 at one time. Ivy hates them and has been wishing they'd die for years. She may have gotten her wish. Now on to the doll!

  Today's little girl is from Saturday's doll show too. Let's have a look at her.


  I thought she was worth the $2 the dealer was charging, especially since I think she has her original outfit. 




My sister was pressuring me to get the Talking Bill Clinton doll, so I could hardly think straight anyway.

 She's had a haircut. But she's still cute.



  I've seen repaints of some dolls with this face sculpt, and they were really cute with blushy faces and darker, more realistic lips. Since she's not all original now anyway, with the hair cut, I might not feel too bad about customizing her.


  I don't know which doll she is. Is she Jenny? There were a bunch of Takara dolls with these markings.



I have looked the markings up and it looks like she's from the 80's though. I can say that much...I think.

  If you're familiar with Takara Jenny dolls and such, you'll know they are a little small compared to a Barbie. This one isn't the little 9 inch doll, (Like the one I have that you may have seen HERE.), but she's a smaller overall doll than a Barbie.


  So there she is. 


  That's the doll for today. Tomorrow we'll check out a doll I got at the show before this one. She's been hanging around, waiting for her day. It's about time she got it.

3 comments:

  1. She definitely looks like a Jenny, based on the ones I've seen. I can't get past that very exciting dress? Housecoat? she has on. I have one sort of like it XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd guess Timotei. Jenny's eyes look...I dunno, a little...sadder, I guess? Either way she's cute. Takara dolls are awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.