Friday, April 14, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #97: Superstar Barbie

   I have been working on a post all day, but I had a crushing headache and it slowed me down. I got very little done.  Tomorrow I have to be up super early to head to my sister's and pick her up to go to the doll show. So at this point, it's a quick post. But I promise, I have some beautiful and interesting dolls coming up! I took over 300 pictures yesterday, so be watching for some good posts. I'll also have a review coming up! So there's lot to look forward to. 

  Today's doll isn't the one you might be thinking of. It's Superstar Barbie, but not the original, from 1977, or the 1988 Superstar Barbie, or even the reissue of the 1977 Superstar, produced in 2022. This iss the much lesser known 1993 Superstar Barbie.


This Superstar Barbie was a Walmart exclusive.

And a 'Special Edition', which means squat. There were millions made, considering it was sold at all Walmarts.

  She had the big hair and big dress that were so popular in 1993. 



People were all over collecting this kind of doll. These dolls did absolutely nothing for me. I had no interest in them whatsoever. We did sell them though. In those days, not  everybody lived near a Walmart. I know! Hard to believe, huh?!


Barbie was pictured winning the big award at the  'movie awards ceremony'. (Academy Award and Oscars are copyright you know!) She came with her little statuette...which of course, also looks like her.


  She also came from the house, in the huge box of boxed Barbies that were amazingly saved by a metal tray, and some styrofoam that was in the bottom of the box. You will have read that story a couple of times by now at least! And yes, she needs to go away. If you are interested in her, let me know in the comments, along with your contact information.

  Tomorrow a more detailed post on an interesting doll. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.