Thursday, April 27, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023#110: Native American couple

   Today's dolls are a Native American couple. I think they are most likely meant to be Navaho.


  They never had faces, if that's what you're thinking about. They were made this way. They also have weird little stumpy arms, especially him.  They're about 9 inches tall. 


They were rescued in the nick of time. They were in the Room of Water, in the box with the dolls I showed you HERE and HERE. They went through the washing machine and dryer because they were wet and starting to mildew. They are all cloth, and stuffed with some pretty heavy stuffing, tightly packed, so when they got wet, they held it very well. They were saved, even if they do have a bit of staining from the mildew, and she has some yellow stains on her dress. At least it won't ever get any worse now. 



   I suppose I should have treated them with Stain Devils for mildew stains before I dried them. Since they've been through the dryer it's probably too late now. But I hate to throw dolls away, especially if there is somebody who would want them. If anybody wants these guys, you're welcome to them for free, just paying the shipping cost.  I can stick them in an envelope, so it shouldn't cost very much. If you want them, leave a comment with your contact information so I can get in touch with you.

  

4 comments:

  1. I'm fortunate enuff to own a couple'a these. One of 'em came all the way from the Four Corners area, and she's sitting at a loom. If I can overcome my inertia I'll dig her out and take a picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of those loom ones too! I love those, especially the little tiny looms and the things they are weaving. I want somebody to finish weaving one of those and give me the mini rug/blanket!

      Delete
  2. How much is shipping to Indiana?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Without a specific location we estimated it at $5 to Indiana. Next time include your contact info, which I won't publish, and we'll get things rolling. Hope to hear from you soon.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.