Friday, April 7, 2023

Doll-a-Day 2023 #90: Clara, Fancy Prancy Dancers Nutcracker Suite doll

   Remember back when my leg was bothering me during our trip? (And yes, I am still planning to finish the posts about the trip.) Well the leg is all better. However, I have been having trouble with the top of my right foot for the  last few days, which has me doing the Igor drag, a sort of drag limp because it hurts to lift the foot up or put it down. I'll tell you, if it's not one thing, it's another. The steroids the doctor gave me to reduce the swelling and inflammation in my air passages after the fire spoiled me. I felt no pain or stiffness and was running around getting things done like Mrs. Howell on sugar beets. (Gilligan's Island reference.) Now I'm stumping around like Quasimodo. The good news is, Ivy's coming for Easter, but only for the day. And happy birthday to Fuzz, who turns 28 today.

  Today's doll is another of those little soft dolls I like. You know. Like the Colonial Williamsburg dolls, the little Linnea dolls, and the Pottery Barn girls. (You can see all of those in my post HERE.)


  This one is another Pottery barn doll. She's Clara from the Nutcracker Suite. She's from a series of Nutcracker dolls called Fancy Prancy Dancers.


That accounts for the ribbons on her ankles. I'm sure they were supposed to be tied in to pretty bows at her ankles to approximate ballet slippers. But I'm really bad at tying bows. We've established this in previous posts. And these ribbons were so short that my stiff fingers couldn't get them tied in a bow. So I gave up.

She's wearing little bloomers under her dress and her shoes are part of her feet.

Her tag says North American Bear Company, which is another way of saying she's a Pottery Barn doll.

Her tag says 2004. I know there were also 2013 versions of these dolls too, and that Clara was more  blonde than this one.

  She has tiny embroidered eyes and nose, and a sweet embroidered smile.


  Her hair is fabric with fabric curls.

She has an elastic loop on her back. Not sure why. To hang her from a backpack or diaper bag?

  She's about 8 inches tall.


  These dolls are so soft, and weigh nothing. They're like holding air. I'm not sure if they would be a little more cuddly if they had some weight to them. 

  Whenever I find these dolls, they are always like brand new, like they were never payed with. Don't the kids who get these dolls like them?

  That's it for today! See you tomorrow for another doll!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks in advance for your comments.