Thursday, April 13, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #96: Fashion Doll 151: Lovable Louise or Linda?

   Today's doll is a mystery girl. ***Update: Thanks to Raging Moon's suggestion of a couple of Deluxe Reading dolls, I did some more research, and I think this doll may be Deluxe Reading's Lovable Louise, or Lovable Linda. Both were made in 1958, and the only difference seems to have been the colour of their dresses. ***


  I have no idea who she is as she is only marked 151, on the back of her head.


  She's obviously one of those doll who wnated to look like Miss Revlon, but I have no idea who she was made by or what her name is. My guess is that she was made in the 1950's or 60's.


  She's another of those random dolls I got in an auction lot because I wanted something else. I never had any intention of keeping her, but, like so many others, I hadn't gotten around to getting rid of her. My not doing was nearly her undoing. 


She was brought from the room below the fire room, the room that got drenched when the fire fighters put out the fire above her. And she was almost rescued too late. When she arrived here, she had mold or mildew, (What's the difference, and how do you tell?), on her face and clothes. I removed her dress, Which I think is home made, and her underwear, (which are too big and tightened by means of a safety pin.), and washed them. I gave her a wipe down with some cleaner, and got rid of her mold, or mildew. That was a several weeks ago, and she has stood around naked ever since, getting some air and sun. The mildew hasn't come back, or left any traces, so I think she can be called a success.

  I wiped her down, but she really needs a scrub. She has some dirt I didn't bother to remove. Her feet in particular. She looks like she was wearing shoes made of dirt. (When I got her she was shoeless.)

Talk about your high heel feet!

But at least she's had a pedicure.


I'm not sure the nail polish helps with the dirty feet. I believe this is what is known as 'trailer park toes', at least around here.

  She has brownish green sleep eyes, with nice lashes.

"What was that you said about my toes?!"





And she has one of those indestructible hair styles, like a bubble cut Barbie. (And my mom.)


  She's a big girl. Emma has no method of measurement in this house, but I would guess she's about 25 inches tall.  


  She has the usual five points of articulation: neck, shoulders, and hips. She can sit down, if not very gracefully. 


  I wiped her down again before her photo shoot, but I ended up just leaving paper towel dust all over her.

She's not very happy about it.

  So if anybody would like to rescue her for the cost of shipping, plus $5, please do. (Hey, I have to start making something from all these dolls. They did originally cost money, after all. Ken's not going to be happy if I give everything away.)


   And if anybody can identify her, please leave the information in the comments.

  I photographed a boat load of dolls today. Tomorrow we'll look at one of them.

3 comments:

  1. I'm almost positive that this is a Deluxe Reading doll, either Beautiful Bride or Sweet Janie. For some reason Deluxe Reading preferred their dolls on the giant side, with the exception of Penny Brite, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those dolls do look like my girl. I checked them out, and the drawback was that they had jointed waists. But your suggestion had me searching Deluxe Reading dolls, and I discovered Lovable Louise and Linda. I think we have a winner! I think this girl may very well be lovable Louise, or Lovable Linda. So thanks!

      Delete
  2. Tam, if this doll is still available, I would love her! Can you email me an invoice? For some reason, I can't see when people respond to my posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.