Saturday, December 9, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #329: Aimee

  Today's doll is this girl.

This is her original dress.



She's Aimee. She was made by Hasbro in 1972.




That period was all about hair play. Aimee originally came with extra hair pieces.


Her hair pieces included a fall, braids, and various hair pieces. Apparently, some of the hair pieces plugged into holes in her head. (For those of you who aren't a million years old, as I am, a 'fall' was a long piece of hair that made it look like a person had long hair.)


  Aimee also had a pretty good sized wardrobe made for her, which was sold separately. 

Aimee is 18" tall.

Aimee has what can only be described as a shag haircut, one of the most popular haircuts of the 70's.


She has a twist and turn waist, and joints at the neck, shoulders, and hips.


I told Ken to turn her for me, to show off her twist waist. But I think he carried it a little too far!

And sleep eyes.



  I don't think Aimee is very attractive. Maybe it's because I grew up in that era, but, to me, she looks like a middle aged rich lady. I do think they did a great job on her hands though. They are graceful, and detailed, and show a lot of life.



Palm and finger creases.

Nails and knuckles.



  I've had Aimee for years, but misplaced her. I then bought one at Goodwill, (They actually had two or three that day!) I've actually had this post in drafts since 2019! Then everything that's been going on occurred. But in storage the other day, I happened upon one of the Aimees! I thought it was a good time to photograph her, in spite of the background not being exactly interesting or attractive.

  You can see the commercial for Aimee HERE.

There is a great page that has tons of information and pictures of Aimee, her box, her fashions, and her accessories. You can see that page HERE.

  That's today's doll. See you tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. Poor homely ol' Aimee. I talked about her on my own blog last summer. Crissy and Beth also talks about her and they don't think she's that attractive either. I think it's those day-glo eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has such a hard face. Not gentle or pretty. Just...hard.

      Delete
  2. I don't remember her. I sort of like her dress. She kind of has a "Cher" vibe.
    Her eyes are a bit off-putting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The eyes seem to be her most unpopular part! I suppose Cher might have worn something like this at one point in her life.

      Delete
  3. She’s similar to my Ideal Crissy and Velvet doll family, minus the growing hair feature. I like that she had hair pieces, I never knew Hasbro made this doll. You do an extra amazing job showcasing your dolls, Thank you 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.