Sunday, December 31, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #365: American Girl Elizabeth

   Whoo Hoo!! I did it! 365 dolls in one tumultuous year! Whew! I wasn't sure I was going to make it, but I did. Soon we'll be back in our house, and I will be constantly working on clean up and repair, when I have lights and hot water to help me get things done. I anticipate being in constant pain and tired all the time! Even though I'll be super busy, I want to finish up the posts about our trip last year too, because I also have come so close to finishing those. I wish I had finished the posts on our previous trip to England. This time, I'm going to finish. There are lots of interesting things for me to show you from the last few days of our trip. In those days we visited Germany, Bruges, and Brussels in Belgium, and Paris. I will definitely be showing you that. And happy news, I found one of our missing memory cards from the trip in our bedroom a couple of weeks ago! It doesn't have much of the trip on it, but there is some. I think it's things I've already shown you, but I am glad I have the memory card!

  I wanted to end the year with a bang. I tried to think of a super wonderful doll to show you that would knock your socks off. In the end, I settled for this doll, in spite of the fact that I haven't cleaned the white mark off her cheek, or combed her hair. She's American Girl Elizabeth Cole.


She is a nice looking doll, with tight limbs and all of her original outfit.


I got her at a garage sale this past summer, for, let's say, a pretty cheap price. I wanted to sell her to make up for the signed Raggedy Ann I bought for myself. Once I discovered she had her ringlets buried in the sides of her hair and she could be tidied quite easily, I thought I had it made. But just recently I noticed that she has one flaw that can't be cleaned off, like that white splotch on her cheek can. Can you spot it?


Try again.


See it? She's missing the eyelashes on her right eye. Dang it!


I swear those were there when I got her! It's a shame, because everything else about her is so nice She has her complete original outfit, including her dress, which is bright and clean.
 

The ribbons are nice, and she has her pearl necklace.



Her shoes and stockings are also in great shape.


She has her shift too.


Her pinner cap is pinned to her head with a pearl top pin.


And she has her hair ribbon. 


  Elizabeth was the best friend of Felicity. Elizabeth was originally described in the book as having dark hair and brown eyes. This was changed either, as theorized, because she was played by a blue eyed blonde in the movie, or, as American Girl said, to distinguish her from Felicity. The book illustrations were changed to align with the new look.

She has her pearl drop earrings. Elizabeth was the first American Girl doll to have removable earrings, and she came with more than one set. And see? She does have her ringlets.


  Elizabeth was originally released in 2005, and archived only 6 years later, along with Felicity and her entire collection. Felicity was later rereleased, but not Elizabeth. 
  She's marked Pleasant Company on the back of her neck.


The tag in her pinner hat and her dress says 'made in China for American Girl'.


  If anybody wants to take Elizabeth, she's up for grabs. 'Cash grabs' that is. I will be asking for more than postage for her. Leave a comment with your contact information if you're interested. I two American Girls at home, and this isn't one I really want.

  Don't forget to check out the Doll Book of the Month Club post today too. 

  I'll be popping in every now and then next year, but not posting everyday. Whenever I do that, after every day posting, I feel like I'm goofing, off, like I should be doing it. But I'm going to have a lot of work ahead of me to get the house livable again. There hasn't been anybody but cats living there for a year. We had a bird in the house since we had no windows in Fuzz's room for a few days. I'm still finding poop spots. The whole upstairs, except Ivy and Emma's rooms, is covered with soot. So are the stairs and the stairway walls. I need to pull up the landing and stair carpet. Like I said, a lot of work.

  As I started to say yesterday, in the coming year I will be going through a lot of dolls and getting rid of them. Not my collection, but dolls we had to sell. When I get a chance, every now and then, I will be posting a doll that will be for sale. So stay tuned and maybe you'll see something you like. I'd rather offer the dolls here than have to resort to Ebay. I'll be offering everything for fair, if not downright cheap, prices. 

  Happy New Year everybody! See you soon!

5 comments:

  1. You did it! It's been a fascinating read -- when I got back into dolls, I looked forward to your post every day. Best wishes on having the easiest time possible on home repairs. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you! It is a daunting task ahead!

      Delete
  2. YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, YOU DID IT! I am so happy for you. You set your goal and you achieved it.

    Whenever you post in 2024 will be fine. You have a ton of work to do getting your house in order (literally) that should be the priority. We will watch for new posts and make comments when we see them.

    Have a wonderful New Years Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a mammoth task!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That's a mammoth task you set for yourself! I started reading this blog the LAST time you did 365 dolls, and I enjoyed this time even more! I learn so much from your posts, Tam. If you are selling Elizabeth, I am interested. I have only recently gotten "back" into American Girl, and I want the historical characters! Shoot me an email and I can Paypal you. Thanks for all you do to entertain us minions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.