Monday, December 18, 2023

Doll-a-Day 2023 #341: Fail Fix Doll by DanceStylz

Today's doll is a mystery to me. She kind of looks like the Fresh Dolls, but I'm not sure who she is.

****UPDATE**** Everybody except me knew this was a Fail Fix doll! I saw the Fail Fix dolls in the store when they came out. I guess they just didn't make an impression on me. The theme was a doll with a lot of problems with their appearance, and you were supposed to give them a makeover. This girl needs another makeover, because that hair looks pretty knotted!

  She has a cute face, with inset eyes and three dimensional molded eyelashes.



She's marked 'Moose China'.

She has molded on undies.

She's wearing a football jersey that says '98 Grl Pwr'.

As you can see she has jointed wrists.

She has high top tennis shoes that are split up the back for easy on and off. She doesn't have jointed ankles though.

  I think these are her hair di dads. They match her outfit.


She has a lot of hair, in tiny braids. She's pretty articulated, and can pose well. Her head doesn't tilt at all, but she's jointed at the neck, shoulders, elbows, wrists, hips, and knees.


So she can sit  very well.



Those eyes are interesting. I've never seen any like them before.

Looks like she had earrings.

She's about 10 inches tall.


  I'm not sure if her hair is supposed to be up like that or not. It looks like I might make a mess of it if I took it down.

  That's today's doll. See you again tomorrow.

9 comments:

  1. Failfix doll --- The Makeover Doll

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reverse picture search tells me that she is a Fail Fix doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny to me that the doll with her crow's nest hair is in her fixed state. She came with bad hair with a shoe in it, and had other fails to fix. Then the owner gave her a makeover. And then her life made her fixed state become a new fail that needs fixing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is a #FailFix doll! I discussed one of these on my blog and Emily talked about them too. Apparently the idea of giving a homely doll a makeover didn't fly too far with parents, but I thought they were great! If you want to take a gander at my doll, the link is here: https://ragingmoon1987.blogspot.com/2020/12/failfix-kawaiiqtee-review.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look. I saw these dolls in the store, but I didn't remember them. Everybody seems to have known who she was, but me!

      Delete
  5. I think she's a Failfix DanceStylz doll -- there's one with the same braids and shirt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Looks like everybody knew that except me!

      Delete
    2. Tam, I think that Dance.Stylz is supposed to be her nickname / handle on SoMe 🙈. So she is the Failfix doll Dance.Stylz by Moose Toys

      Delete
  6. I didn't know about these dolls!

    It's funny to me that doll designers would think that a doll could be dressed or made up with the idea of "fixing her" to look what normal(?) I have seen so many people in recent years who could use a "fix," at least with their public personas.

    I saw a lady today who was out shopping in her bedroom slippers. I have seen folks in pajamas in stores. I have seen people with shower caps on their heads.

    Compared to what I have seen, this little doll looks just fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.