Saturday, December 16, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #338: Marx Dollhouse Family

   Today's doll is a whole family.


I think they're by Marx, but, while these guys abound on the internet, most people don't seem to know who they were made by. I can see why: They don't seem to have any markings on them. Maybe those are under their clothes. I think they're from the 60's.
  They're standard dollhouse size. The adults are about 6 inches tall. The kids are about 2 and a half inches tall.
 The mom has teeny tiny buttons on the front of her dress.


  They're made of rubber, and have wires inside for posing.

Her legs are a bit wonky.

There are two kids, a little boy, in blue and white gingham, and a little girl in pink, (that might have originally been red), and white gingham.
 

The girl had a red skirt, and the boy had blue shorts.

He looks like he's saying, "Whaaatt?!"


The dad has a glued on shirt and pants, and badly done tie.



  I ran across these guys in storage the other day. They aren't the cleanest, so sorry for the grime!

  That's it for today. See you for the next doll tomorrow, or maybe tonight!

  

4 comments:

  1. I am guessing that they could only sit in a doll house. It doesn't look like they could stand very well. Do people make clothing for doll house dolls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess some people do. It's hard though, because a lot of dollhouse dolls have their clothes glued or sewn on. They can't change them. It's probably because they're so small, and would be hard to dress anyway. I know Jeffrey and Kay can't change their clothes, the Erna Meyers can't, and most of the others I've seen can't. There were some 80's ones that had changeable clothes. They were more like mini Barbie and Kens, only more bendy.

      Delete
  2. I have a soft spot for Marx toys, because their factory was in WV. Also, one of my favorite childhood toys was my Marx Jane West.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember a lot of Marx toys from when I was a kid. I loved my Mike Hazzard.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.