Saturday, December 23, 2023

The Twelve Days of Tammy World, Day Nine: Tammy Shows Off Some Vintage Christmas Stuff

   Tammy finally got out of that Christmas sweater! She wanted something else Christmassy, but she doesn't have all her clothes here. She settled for a cozy sweater that is non-Christmassy. At least it's warm. 

  Today Tammy wanted to show you some vintage Christmas decorations she likes to have up at Christmas.


 The little house just arrived this summer, in a bag of vintage Christmas minis at a yard sale. I think it might be a cake decoration.


It's hollow, but the opening isn't big enough to get a light inside.  At the moment it's lighted by sitting on top of a battery operated tea light.


The other things she wanted to show you are super tiny and old, and not in the best of shape any more. But they are really nice.


The one with the antlers is a reindeer. But is the other one a female reindeer, without antlers, or a sheep? It looks more like a sheep, but if it is, its a sheep as big as a reindeer!
 

They're celluloid, so they are very delicate...and also flammable! Both reindeer have lost one antler, although I have one of the missing ones somewhere.


I love them because they are just like the full size vintage celluloid reindeer I have. Full size, as in, for table decorations that is! Not full size reindeer!


  It looks very cozy with everything lighted. Tammy is sitting in front of an advent calendar sent to us by our friends in Germany. We stayed with them on our trip last year. One of these days I need to get to that part of the trip and actually finish those posts. I'm forgetting things. And I'm so close to finishing! It was the last 4 or 5 days of the trip. I never finished the posts on the last trip, so I swore I was going to finish this time.


  So that's it for today. Poor Tammy is missing her family, but I daren't drag a load more dolls into the house, especially since Emma and AJ are moving next month, and, hopefully, so are we. (Into our house, I mean!) They have bought their first house.


  Maybe Tammy can see some of her family for Christmas. We'll see.

  Tomorrow we'll check in with Tammy World again.

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing Tammy's Christmas items. The Advent Calendar is lovely.

    It's wonderful that the newlyweds have bought a house. It is also wonderful that you will be back in your own house soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how soon, but we'll hope it's very soon!

      Delete
  2. Nice! Vintage decorations are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice little things. I love minis

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a couple of "full size" celluloid reindeer myself, passed down by my great-grandfather, and they are also missing some antlers. Sounds like an epidemic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.