Friday, December 29, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #361: Boo Berry

  I'm not prejudiced. I feel the same about action figures as I do dolls. Let's face it, 'action figure' is a term that was only invented to sell GI Joes to boys. (Couldn't sell 'dolls' to boys, now could they?) So if you think this Boo Berry is an action figure, that's okay.

  He was only recently released, by Jada Toys.

  He comes in a little box that looks like a box of Boo berry cereal.


Okay, so the back of his box calls him an action figure. I don't mind.


  I had been wanting this guy, and Ken got him for me for Christmas. The name on his box feels sort of flocked. It's coated with glow in the dark stuff. I haven't gotten it to glow though.


The front of his box opens like a door. 


Boo Berry glows in the dark. At least, he's supposed to. I have had him under the light for ages, and he barely glows. He comes with a stand, and a little block of plastic that looks like a box of Boo Berry cereal. The box has glow stuff on it, like the front of the box. And the little box glows better than Boo Berry himself.
 
He's 3 1/2 inches tall.

  Here's a better look at his box background, with him out of the box.


  It's Franken Berry, Count Chocula, and Boo Berry. There also used to be a werewolf called Fruit Brute. Does anybody remember him? he must not be popular even with those nostalgic for the other three, because he never gets mentioned. There are figures of the other two from Jada Toys too though. But Boo Berry was always my favourite. I didn't eat the cereal very often, but I thought the character was cute, and he was fun to imitate, because he had that Peter Lorre voice.
  See how cute he is?

His arms and hands are posable. He's jointed at the shoulders and wrists.

  His mini cereal box is two sided.



  His stand is clear and when he's on it, it's supposed to look like he's floating.


  Boo Berry has a corresponding hole in the back to place him on the stand with.


In the dark, if he glowed properly, he'd look like he was floating in the air. I said if.


I mentioned how fun Boo Berry was to imitate, with his Peter Lorre voice. Everybody and his cousin does a Peter Lorre impression. (These days, maybe not so much. And if they do, they don't always know he was a real person.) Well, I did too when I was a kid. In fact, I got hit in the face with a dodge ball in elementary school because somebody asked me to do my Boo Berry impression for somebody else, and I did...paying no attention to the dodge ball heading for my face.


  Action figure or not, glow in the dark or not, he's a cute little guy and I'm glad to have him.


  Number 361! We're going to do it! Check out today's other posts, and stay with us for the end of the year and watch us hit 365!

6 comments:

  1. I have never heard of these, but he looks cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, he's cool! I didn't know they were even making Boo Berry cereal anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think maybe they stopped for a while. I just looked. They're all seasonal only, Sept. through Oct.. This has been since 2010.

      Delete
  3. I remember Count Chocula but not the others. I am glad you got this little guy as he was on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't remember Frankenberry? I think he and the count appeared around the same time.

      Delete
  4. Adorable! I like "action figures," too! I had no idea these existed. I do remember Boo Berry, Count Chocula, and Franken Berry, but not Fruit Brute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.