Sunday, December 3, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #323: Baby Wee Winkies Doll

   Today's doll is a tiny girl that Fuzz gave me.



 Fuzz rescued this girl from someone's trash, along with a bundle of vintage Christmas wrapping paper and Halloween cutouts, and other old stuff.
  She's only a couple of inches tall, not counting that huge ponytail topknot. (It looks weird because half the ponytail flips over the front.)
 

  Weirdly, she has a paper label glued across the front of her that says Baby Wee Winkies. I've looked them up, but all that comes up is Shirley Temple in Wee Willie Winkie! So all I know is that she looks very 1960's.


And she says Japan on the back of her head.


Oh, and she's a pin!


Here you can see that that is a ponytail on her head, just with  a piece flopped over. Her hair is blue, and it looks more blue because her scalp is painted blue.


She needs a little clean up. Her blue hair could be brighter.


  Her head turns, but the rest of her is all one piece.


Her lower body is skirt shaped!



  That's today's doll. We're coming down the the wire, People! I'm going to be playing catch-up this week, trying to get back on schedule with the year before it reaches it's end! So there are going to be multiple posts some days. I hope I don't overwhelm you! See you tomorrow.

 

2 comments:

  1. She is so cute! Is the pin part attached to her body or to her clothing? I am wondering if she is a little doll that someone made into a pin. Sometimes doll people do that and wear the dolls to conventions or other doll events.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's glued to her back. I think she probably came that way. I know about the doll people who wear doll pins, because some lady from the doll club that used to run the big doll show, (the one that doesn't exist any more), looked at my mini Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, the ones that took a full day each to make, and said if I could make a hundred of them and sell them cheap, the doll club might buy them to wear. She wanted them for about $5 each! Uh, never mind, lady!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.