Saturday, December 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #346: Black Forest Lotte Sievers-Hahn Doll

   Today's doll is a cute Lotte Sievers-Hahn doll.


I got her at a doll show a while back. If I am recalling correctly, she was an amazing price, so I couldn't say no. I love Lotte Sievers-Hahn dolls. They have sweet, hand carved faces, with simple features.


  This particular girl represents a girl from The Black Forest area of Germnay.



  The dolls also have hand carved arms and legs. On the original dolls, at least, the arms are attached to the body with a piece of leather.


That allows their arms to be moved up and down, but they can't hold a pose.


They have wooden legs too...


...with flat feet, so they can stand up on their own.


They're jointed at the hips, and can usually sit down, but this girl is having a problem with that.
 

  You might have seen my other small ones this size, (about 4 or 5 inches tall), HERE, or my larger ones, (about 8 inches tall), HERE. You can read more about Lotte Sievers-Hahn and her dolls in either of those posts, so I won't bore you with repeating it here.

  See you tomorrow for another doll.

5 comments:

  1. This doll looks very well made. I like her costume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clothes are always cute on these dolls, and the hair.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.