Friday, December 15, 2023

The Twelve Days of Tammy World, Day Two: A New Sweater, and a Very Tiny Nativity

   Well you can't have big excursions every day. Today Tammy is hanging around here, and showing you a couple of new things she got recently. 

  I got an urge to warm her up one very cold evening, and made her this cozy sock sweater.

Seeing her in a short sleeved shirt was making me cold...er.

  The socks were like those Japanese Tabi socks, with a separated big toe. Nobody I know wants to wear them, but I thought they looked cozy, so I bought several pairs for a dollar, (Not each. For all of them.), at the bin store. I might also end up making her a grey sweater, but for now, even though I love grey, (It's so cozy!), I thought this colour looked good on her.
  Her head looked cold too, so I tried to make her a toboggan. These days that's a beanie. But, to me, a beanie is that hat Spanky wore in Little Rascals/Our Gang.

George 'Spanky' McFarland with a Spanky doll. Gotta make this relevant, you know.


  In any case, she couldn't wear...one of those... with her ponytail. So I made her sort of a hood. I was going to make her a pair of woolly pants too, but it was late and I was tired, and couldn't see properly in the dim light anyway. So I just stuck the rest of the sock on her like a skirt. Ken was of the opinion that she looked like a girl from Eastern Europe. 
   I mentioned in some previous posts that my sister and I went to a miniature show a few weeks ago. One of the things I bought that I didn't show you, was this tiny, no, microscopic nativity. 



  Tammy said it made her feel more Christmassy. It's just her size!


  To give you an idea of how big it is to full size people, Here it is in my hand. My hands are kind of small, but, still.


  It's so small it was hard to get a good clear picture of it. Here it is on the tip of my finger.


  The pieces are laser cut, and then the seller assembled them. She also sells the kits to make them, but I can imagine what it would look like if I tried to assemble it. I could see it being more 'lump of glue' than 'nativity'. 


  The back has some pine trees, but, do they have those in Bethlehem?
 

  The seller is right here in Ohio, but she also sells on Etsy. She had her stuff discounted at the show. I think I only paid $14 for this nativity! On Etsy it's $35. Great deal! 


  She had a bunch of amazing things, including a mini doll house that was FULL of tiny accessories. The house was probably the size of a big dollhouse for Tammy, and the toys in it were the scale of this nativity.



  Some of her things were made in pumpkin seeds, and other seeds. 


  She also crochets tiny mini animals...

Ignore my ugly finger. It's for scale only.

I want the sock monkey!


...and doilies!

We used to have doilies like the red and white one in our living room, and I have one similar to the pink, green, and yellow one too, that mom made. I want those two for my doll house!

  The Seller is Gibsongirlminis, and you can find her Etsy page HERE. Her booth was our favourite thing at the show, other than some amazing mini cats we saw.

The one on the left looks flat, but he was three dimensional, I promise. I think he was $265. Also, notice the cat house next to the table, by the zebra mirror. It was wonderful...and $150. But as I discussed with the nativity seller, when you make minis like that, you can never get paid for the hours you spent on them. They'd be so expensive nobody could ever buy them. I have made tiny things, and I know that's true.

  Well, that's it for day two of the Twelve Days of Tammy World. Tomorrow we'll see what else Tammy ahs been up to lately.

 

6 comments:

  1. I like Tammy's outfit. It is a great color for her. I love the nativity scene. I am going to look at the website you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great clothes.

    But that nativity is awsome 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you. I totally agree about the nativity!

      Delete
  3. Tammy looks a little like a monk in that outfit! Not that that's a bad thing, especially if she's warm. I like the sock monkeys the best too; I forget which one of my dolls likes sock monkies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A monk! Ha! I suppose they are warm. I wouldn't want to be a monk in hot weather!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.