Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Twelve Days of Tammy World, Day Four: Nativities, Big and Small, and a New Christmas Sweater

   It's been a long year in one way. In another way, it's flown by. Living in our house seems ages ago. But I also can't believe we've been away so long. It helps a little having some things from home. I was afraid my nativity, the one that sat n our TV every year when I was a kid, would get damaged with things being thrown around in our bedroom. (And things have been thrown around. I have found things that were on the attic stairs on my vanity! Second hand books from the landing were thrown in my bed! I suppose they were needing to clear up the landing, but it seems a weird place for some of the stuff.) So I had Ken bring it to me, along with the Christmas stockings I had to wash, and the box they were kept in. I have been keeping it in that box all year, (After cleaning it. Everything in our room has a nasty feeling soot coating.) I got it out recently.


 And Tammy World got out her nativity. 


 It's a mini version of mine.


It's missing the shepherd and the sheep from the left. But then, mine's missing the star and part of a Christmas tree from the roof. That's okay. I have a couple of unbroken ones in their original boxes at home.

  There are a couple of versions of this nativity. Some have stars at the top, which I'm pretty sure ours did, and some, like Tammy's, have an angel.  



Both are made by Shiny Brite, famous for their Christmas balls.


Mine. Only mine says Shiny Brite on the back.

Both have a hole in the back so they can be hooked to a light string. 


Ours was never lit though. As I said, it always sat on top of our TV. You can't sit anything on top of the TVs these days!


  Tammy's is a lot bigger in comparison to her than mine is to me. That's okay. We'll pretend it's one of those big ones a kid could almost get inside, like Ken's dad and stepmom had. She's got the tiny one I showed you on Day Two to put on their TV!

Mine does look nice with some light shining in. I put some tiny lights around it. I need a really tiny light for Tammy's!


  I know my poor little nativity is broken, but I still like to see it every Christmas.


  Tammy also wanted to show off her new Christmas sweater. 


Her favourite part is that the lights go all the way down both sleeves.


  I got it last year, I think. It was a Christmas ornament. The bad thing about trying to get Christmas ornament sweater on a doll is, the neck doesn't always stretch. You can't get their heads through! Such was the case with this sweater. Tammy took it with her to my sister's house, intending to wear it for our trip to Malabar Farm. That's when I found out she couldn't get her head through it. I had to cut it up the back. Lucky we were at my sister's, because she appropriated it, and stitched the edges of the cut so they wouldn't unravel. I still need to put snaps or hook and eye closures on it though.

  That's Day four of the Twelve Days of Tammy World. We'll see what she gets up to tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. What a jazzy sweater! It is so festive. I like both of the nativity scenes. I am glad you were able to keep the one that you like so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recognize those shoes! They're Clown Belinda's, aren't they? LOL, I love Tammy's sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly are! I got all Belinda's accessories a few doll shows back, so Tammy could have the shoes. One of Fuzzy the doll's favourite things was the nose glasses, because the kids split the stuff from somebody's Belinda when they were little.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.