Friday, December 29, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #360: Pee Wee Herman 11" Doll

   This doll is one I had never seen until the doll show my sister and I went to back in August, I think. Her friend Georgia went with her, and I met them there. Georgia spotted this Pee Wee before I did, and bought him. My sister knew I really wanted him, so she bought him off Georgia, and gave him to me for Christmas. It was a double Pee Wee Christmas! (If you haven't seen the Pee Wee Herman doll my siter MADE for me for Christmas, you have to check out the post! )

  This Pee Wee is an unlicensed doll, I'm sure.


 He's still not a bad likeness .
 

He has a sticker on the bottom of his shoe that says made in Korea.


He has Pee Wee's unusual hair.
 

And that crooked mouth, and super pale complexion.



  The suit is a little off. The checks are really big. But not as big as those buttons!


His sleeves are appropriately short, and he does have his red bow tie.


He's got a hankie in his pocket, but black pocket flaps. That's not accurate.



He has the standard articulation: neck, shoulders, and hips.


I forgot, he has white socks and his white loafers. They don't have tassels, but they aren't bad.
 

  All in all I like this Pee Wee. He's the only sort of 'fashion doll' sized Pee Wee I've ever seen. And the flaws in his suit are fairly minor. I wish I had had this guy when the kids were little. It would have been fun to have had Pee Wee at Emma's yearly doll concerts, and I'm sure he could have added some fun stuff to the movie I made for the kids starring their favourite dolls.
 

  That's 360. Check out today's other posts. We're about to hit the end of the year.

5 comments:

  1. How lucky you are to have your sister.

    This Pee Wee looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's a nice Pee Wee, but not as nice as the one your sister made! That one's worth its weight in platinum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this was a PeeWee Herman "bookend" Christmas for you! How wonderful that your sister got and made you gifts you really wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did a great job with the presents this year.

      Delete
  4. Pee Wee was always at the music concerts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.