Saturday, December 23, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #345: Norweigian Doll by Rønnaug Petterssen

   Today's doll is one I got at a doll show way back a year or two ago. I think I showed you the shelf she was on, when it was full of dolls, and after I had shopped it. In any case, she's here now.


  She is a souvenir type doll, made in Norway.


She has a tag inside her dress that says 'Kimports' too.


  I found another doll online, that looks very similar and is also a Kimport doll from Norway. That doll is described as "a Rønnaug Petterssen doll, the version known as flat faced with needle sculpted facial features".



She has a lot of hair in her face. I need to tidy her hair. It's mohair. I'm not going to try to comb it!

That doll was 7 inches tall, about the same as this one. They're asking $309! Not  that they will actually get $309, but, still!



  Rønnaug Petterssen was the doll artist. I found a Facebook page dedicated to her, and there was a picture of some ladies at a doll show with a table full of her dolls, and a doll just like my girl was on the table! So I at least can say she's pretty certainly by Rønnaug Petterssen. 

The first doll I saw had the same legs and shoes as my girl, with the little metal buckles on her shoes. 




And very similar tiny handmade lace.



Ignore my very dry finger.

She has a lot of gold trim on her dress and her hat too.


  

The first doll was supposedly from the 1930's. If that's true, I would say my doll is too.

  It's nice to know the maker of this doll, and some other details. But I don't want to sell her. I love this kind of doll. Tomorrow we'll see another doll I'm very fond of.

4 comments:

  1. Kimport dolls are very collectible. I am not surprised of that asking price. Definitely treasure your little doll. She is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? It's a wonder the dealer didn't know that. I got lucky!

      Delete
  2. She looks like a funny girl. She also looks like there should be a boyfriend looking lovingly at her, and that she is looking at with her loving eyes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be cute. I would like to see a boy doll to match her.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.