Thursday, December 14, 2023

The Twelve Days of Tammy World: Day One, Hartman's Rock Garden

   There will be a regular post today, but I got another stupid idea, and I am posting a Tammy World post every day from here until Christmas. So sue me!

  As I mentioned, I spent a few days with my sister last week. We had all sorts of fun things planned, and at least one of them worked out the way it was supposed to! We took a trip to the Hartman Rock Garden, in Springfield, Ohio.





  I had read about it, and I thought it would be something I would enjoy. My sister already knew about it, as she used to buy flowers from Mrs. Hartman, back in the 70's. 

Mr. Hartman's castle, and Mrs. Hartman with her daughter and husband, Ben, in front of the tree of life.

She sold the flowers out of her garden, and the rock garden is in her yard too. It's all just someone's yard. Or, at least, it used to be. The family lived in the house when Mr. Hartman decided to build the rock garden for his wife, in 1932. 


He worked on it for the rest of his life, until he died of silicosis, (a lung disease he developed from working as a molder in the foundry of the local machine tool  company.), in 1944.

  The miniature buildings are really well done. Some of them were slightly small for her, but most of them were Tammy's size.








There was a little bridge her size too.


Tammy liked the castle, and wished she could have gotten closer.





She also visited Betsy Ross's house.




The school.




And the little church around the corner.



There was also Noah's Ark.


  You can find the Hartman Rock Garden page online HERE.




  Tammy will be back again tomorrow for the second of the Twelve Days of Tammy World. Don't forget to check out today's Doll of the Day post too.

5 comments:

  1. Yuck, silicosis is a terrible way to go. That said, this guy was a freaking artist! It's like Florida's Coral Castle in 1/6 scale. I like the way this series of posts is starting out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I hope you like the rest of them, even if they aren't all outings like this one. It was a really neat place to visit, and weirdly, it's just in an out of the way residential neighbourhood, in somebody's side yard!

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed this posting! I miss seeing Tammy so it is nice to see her at the end of the year. The garden is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. There's more of her to come. You might get sick of her by the end of the series!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.