Thursday, December 28, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #356: Li'l Kid

  Today's doll is Li'l Kid.


Li'l Kid is a member of the Honeyhill Bunch.


  The Honeyhill Bunch was a series of dolls made by Mattel from 1976 to 1978. 


  As you can see in the pictures above, Li'l Kid originally came with a green sleeveless top, and a dog, named 'Good'. I do have Good. When I got the doll named Hayseed, she had Good with her. You can see them both in my post HERE. Li'l Kid's slogan, from the box, was "Me 'n Good Dog wanta play too!"

 Is Li'l Kid a boy or a girl? What do you think? The Honeyhill Bunch paper dolls show the girls in one piece outfits that include a top, and the boys, which include Spunky and Solo, are shown in shorts/swim trunks only. Li'l Kid is shown with no top, but wearing Mary Jane shoes, and the outfits for Li'l Kid include yellow pajamas, one outfit that looks baby boyish, (in fact, similar to Tiny Chatty Brother's clothes), one outfit with pink pants and a pink and white polka dot top and pink and white striped beanie cap, and one indistinct sailor suit. Boy or infant girl?

  The Honeyhill kids, which were between 4 and 6 inches tall, all had soft, stuffed bodies, and vinyl heads. 


  They have Velcro on one hand so they can hold their accessory.


  They all have cute little faces that remind me of the Baby Beans dolls.


  Her tag is huge on such a small doll.



  That's one of today's dolls. Check out today's 2 other posts for more Honeyhill Bunch.

3 comments:

  1. Well, Honeyhill must be a "happening" place to produce so many luminaries (laugh).
    I would guess that Li'l Kid is a boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I have two of this doll and one is slightly taller than the other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVED these dolls! I had all of them plus their clubhouse and the “Rickety Rig”. I’m surprised that they weren’t around longer, and that I rarely see any mention of them online these days. They were definitely popular with the girls in my first and second grade classes.

    And I always considered Lil Kid a boy, though who knows…

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.