Friday, December 29, 2023

363: The Muppet Christmas Carol Gonzo as Charles Dickens Funko Pop

   Christmas has passed, but the toys linger on. I spotted the Funko Muppet Christmas Carol figures online a few months ago and alerted Emma. Then she found the Amazon exclusive flocked Gonzo as Charles Dickens. We both got one. Ken gave me mine for Christmas.



  It's not just Gonzo. He also comes with Rizzo. Both ae flocked.


Here's the back of their box.


The Muppet Christmas Carol came out in 1992, when Emma was a year old. I took her to see it at the theatre. Some people will smirk at me saying this, but The Muppet Christmas Carol is one of the most accurate versions of the book, and uses more of Dickens actual prose than just about any version too.


Of course, it veers from the book in one big way: Instead of Jacob Marley, Scrooge's business partners are The Marley Brothers, Jacob and Robert. There were figures of the Marley Brothers this year too, (amongst other figures in the series), and an exclusive glow in the dark version of The Marley Brothers. Ken got me the glow in the dark one, but 'can't find it'. Uh uh. I have a feeling I know what I'm getting for my birthday...


  It was fitting that they made the ghostly Marley into two characters, and made them Statler and Waldorf. Jim Henson, who voiced Waldorf, and Richard Hunt, who voiced Statler, had both died in the two years preceding the movie. 
 I'm glad I got the flocked version of Gonzo. It's a bit more fun than the regular one.


Only his furry parts are flocked.



Rizzo is also flocked.


But they forgot to flock his hands.




  I suppose I could pas on the other characters, except I would like to have the Scrooge/Michael Caine one.

  Here we are at #363! You know what that means, don't you? It means I am in line with days of the year now! Two more days to go, and I have done every day this year, even with all that's happened. Check out today's other posts, and come back tomorrow for #364.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I have ever seen A Christmas Carol. I just remember hearing that it was so sad. I guess I like Hallmark happiness! I am glad you found the characters that you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not any of the versions? There are a zillion out there. I don't think I know of anybody who hasn't see at least one version. There are sad spots, but there's a happy ending. Try it.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.