Thursday, December 14, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #334: Baby Santa

   Today's doll is one that belonged to my sister when she was a kid. I played with him too. He's...Santa Claus.



  Now this guy isn't your ordinary Santa doll. For one thing, he has a beard, but a baby's face! He also has blonde hair, which is weird. There was an African American version of this doll, and he has blonde hair too.

With little baby curls along the bottom.

  He's about 9 inches tall. He's almost exactly the same size as my Newborn Thumbelina, and in my world when I was a kid, he was her boyfriend.

He used to be much more plush I guess! He's all soft and stuffed, except for his soft rubber head.

  My sister was born in 1956, but I'm finding this doll described as a 1955 Knickerbocker baby Santa. He would have originally had a Santa hat too. We always had a little velvet Santa hat floating around in our doll clothes. I figured it was his, but all the pictures I see have him with a hat with a bell on the end. Ours has a pom pom. I have it somewhere.

  That's today's doll. Also check out the first day of The Twelve Days of Tammy World post today.

2 comments:

  1. Okay does this mean that when Santa was born he had a beard? I know that babies can have head hair. I guess he had chin hair. Hmmm. In any case, as long as someone(s) loves him, that is all that matters (laugh).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard of babies being born with facial hair due to hormone surges at birth, but I think this guy took it to extremes!

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.