Monday, December 25, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #347: Tiny Town Doll

     Today's doll is one I got at a doll show a couple of years ago. She's a Tiny Town doll.


Tiny Town dolls, which are from the 1940's, were hand painted by Alma LeBlanc, the same lady who painted some of the early Nancy Ann Storybook dolls.


  Tiny Town dolls are mostly about 4 1/2 inches tall.


She has a pressed cloth face, thread wrapped hands and legs, and lead feet, so she can stand. She's also wired for posability.

 


  I've seen this same doll online with a pink hat. That makes more sense, as the red doesn't really match. Maybe they got switched in play.


  I got this doll for an amazing price. I picked her out of a basket on a table at the doll show, and asked the dealer how much she was. The dealer said, "$2." Now, these dolls are not cheap. In good condition they can be worth quite a bit. So I said, "This one." and gave her a better look. She just said, "Yes, any doll in that basket is $2." I couldn't believe my luck! I got another doll from that basket too. I think it was the Lotte Sievers Hahn doll I posted yesterday! 


  You can see my other Tiny Town doll HERE.

  That's it for today. Have  a merry Christmas! See you tomorrow night. 

4 comments:

  1. What a cutie doll. I love her outfit. I can see the resemblance with Nancy Ann.

    That was a great price. She looks like she is in good condition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Other than her face being a little darkened and some paint wear on her shoes, I think she's pretty original and clean.

      Delete
  2. Hope that you had a very merry Christmas.

    This doll and her friend look like they are very nice dolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We did indeed. I hope you did too.

      Delete

Thanks in advance for your comments.