Saturday, December 30, 2023

Doll-A-Day 2023 #364: Blossom

   Here we go. Next to last post of the year! I won't be doing Doll-A-Day next year, because I'll be doing house-repair-of-the-day. That's likely to take up most of my time, although I will post occasionally. I still have dolls and things to show you, the rest of our trip to post, and I'm sure I'll be thinking of things all the time, or coming across things I want to show you. And, of course, Tammy World might want to pop in every now and then to say hello.

  For the next to last doll of the year, I was trying to decide. I had a few choices laid out. In the end I chose Blossom because I had already shown you her friend Six earlier this year. I found Blossom after Six's post. I found her at a thrift store in another town. We hadn't been there for a while. I was looking for something else, but I found Blossom, and some Fashionistas.


"Blossom" was a TV show that ran for  five seasons, starting in 1990. The character of Blossom was played by Mayim Bialik, who had made a splash playing the younger version of Bette Midler in "Beaches", two years before. (And many years before she showed up as Amy Farrah Fowler, a love interest for Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory.) Made by Tyco, there were three dolls in the 'Blossom' line, including Blossom herself, her friend, Six, and her brother Joey.


  They did a pretty good job making the doll look like Bialik.


I think the doll especially looks like her from this angle.


Tyco knew the teeth were a big part in getting the likeness right, and they bothered to sculpt the teeth as teeth, and not just a big blank white space in the doll's mouth. And accident or not, they bothered to also leave a strip of unpainted pink gum above the upper teeth.


Blossom has piano keys on her vest.


  Somebody tell me what these earrings are supposed to resemble. They are each different, and she has a necklace too.


  Her legs bend, but not very much. This is about it.


  The doll is about 9 inches tall. She could hang out with Bandai's Power Rangers girls, and not look out of place. 


  Okay. One more doll tomorrow and I will have completed a whole year of Doll-A-Day! Big cheer for me! In the coming year...well, we'll talk about that tomorrow. See you then!

2 comments:

  1. I can see the resemblance. I never watched Blossom. I loved the Big Bang Theory! I wish it were still producing new episodes. I remember the episode where Amy and Howard sing Barry Manilow songs.

    Here is my pre-yeaaa-ing for tomorrow. YEAAAAAAA! YEAAAAAA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to watch Blossom. I liked it. Looking forward to the last doll of 2023 and your occasional 2024 posts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks in advance for your comments.